Thursday, October 22, 2009

DB Post Thursday 10/22/2009

The day began at 0550 when I checked the cove, and found that Irma was gone. I picked up the signs and continued on. At 0600 I found Benny and Right Spot , together at the east end of Sandy Beach. I cordoned them off and they remained there the rest of the day. I rechecked and readjusted through the day.

On my 2nd look at the cove at Sandy Beach , I found Irma at the east end. I cordoned her off, and rechecked her periodically. On my 1234 check she was no longer there. When I checked Irma at 1300 , there was Irma, 300 ft east of the Kealahou traffic light. I cordoned her off and returned to Makai Pier.

The Rabbit Island cast , at first look , at 0745, would prove to be M&M, 100 ft left of IBS, and Mojo 30 ft left of 1BS, and RIP up in the Morning Glory to the right of 3BS. Mikala would haul out the the far left end of the beach and remain there by herself for the rest of the day.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 1035 I found that Mojo was in the water and playing with Duke in the shallows fronting 1BS. I had last seend Duke on 10-18-09, so it was comforting to see that N18 bleach. They would haul out together at 1046 only to return to the water again at 1054. Duke would haul out again to 1BS at 1103, and Mojo would haul out to join M&M at 1105.

At 1153, RIP would haul out to join Mojo and M&M. Several round of schuffling would ensue between Mojo and RIP, with M&M just trying to stay out of the way. Ultimately, all would calm down and all would spend the rest of the day in close proximity for the remainder of the day.

At 1500 Irma was snoozin' at Irma's and the dynamic duo (Benny and Right Spot) were also blissful at SB. I'll return to reassess at dusk.

Benny and Right Spot were gone when I arrived at Sandy Beach at 1744. I picked up the stuff and continued on to Irma's. I picked up the Irma rope at 1844, but left the signs. Irma was snoozin' away.









No comments: