Thursday, October 8, 2009

DB Post Thursday 10/8/09

RIP, Mojo and Kolohe were all waiting for me when I did my first Rabbit Island check at 0636. RIP's D#4 molt is 20%.

At 0911, Duke hauled out fronting 1BS, and would remain there all day. This is D#2 without seeing his fellow weaner, Mikala, but with all that testosterone around of late, I'd be hiding too.

My routine Spitting Cave visit was shot down when I arrived to find what appeared to be the amassing of men and equipment for the invasion of Iraq....Ooooops ! Nope, it was only the "Lost" crew no doubt shooting a 10 sec. scene. I just turned around and went back to RI.

This was the second day of no Kermit, at RI. The highlight of the day came when Team Billand solved that question. Barbara had made the now routine 0605, Irma at White Plains call, but her next call at 0917 , reporting that one of their sub-posse had reported a "very green animal" newly arrived at White Plains at 0900, definitely sounded promising. Their confirmation that it was , in fact , Kermit made my day. Why in the world that boy would travel all the way from White Plains to Rabbit Island...stay one day... and then return to White Plains, Only Kermit knows !

Posse person, emeritus, Mary Jay, called from Ewa Beach at 0730 to report Rocky today. Photos should be on the way, but I had to get the dailies done a bit early today because of tonight's Hanauma Bay talk, so you'll just have to take our word for it. Sorry I missed the lecture tonight, but I had a pain in my neck.. no for real... don't know what I did, but definately didn't want to be driving.


No comments: