Monday, October 19, 2009

DB Post Monday 10/19/09

The day began at 0600 with 2 animals at the east end of Sandy Beach. One was perfectly situated within the signs that I'd left around Benny last night, and so I presumed it to be Benny, and went to the other animal and got her cordoned off. It was Right. Spot , When I went over to string rope at the other animal, I became aware that is was, in fact, Irma. As you all know Irma was in Waikiki yesterday, and was quite likely the animal that Rachel reported at Diamond Head last night. This morning, there was Irma waiting for me, looking all spiffy in her new coat. She was last at Sandy Beach on 7-24-09 Both animals remained at Sandy Beach all day. I'll recheck them this evening.

The Rabbit Island cast for today included Mojo (no percentage of molt available today due to partial visibility), RIP, Kolohe, and after a long absence, M&M. M&M had last hauled out at Rabbit Island on 8-10-09. She had gone to Ka'ena Pt. to do her molt and has been hanging around the SW quadrant of late. She had last been reported at Ka'ena Point on 10-11-09.

Team Billand reported a swimming head in the White Plains area, heading in a Kalaeloa direction at 0600. White Plains life guard , Bryan reported an U/U hauling out at the Ewa end fence at 1016. They were putting up a cordon . I have no further info at this writing.

A Hanauma Bay life guard called at 0828 to report a swimming head, which came in the "backdoor channel", swam the length of HB, five feet off shore, and then exited the inside bay at the "cable channel". Though I have no ID, I know from having personally observed this exact behavior on two separate occasions that this a Benny thing. My dollar is on him. I thought for sure I'd be seeing him at Sandy Beach with the girls, but it never happened.

No comments: