Friday, October 23, 2009

DB Post Friday 10/23/09

The day got off to an early start with a 0542 call from Sandy Beach posse person Dave Martin reporting 2 animals . When I arrived at 0548 there were (who else) Benny and Right Spot, center stage, right in the middle of the main beach at Sandys. They would remain there the rest of the day.

Once I got them taken care of I went on the Irma Quest , and sure enough at the far east end of Sandy Beach, there was Irma at 0604. She too remained there the rest of the day.

My initial two looks at Rabbit Island were a bust, however when I got back to Makai Pier at 0943 I found Mikala just hauling out, 70 ft left of 1BS. She would remain there the rest of the day.
On a pan at 0950 I became aware of a partially visible female belly behind the water front rocks at the right end. It would take until 1258, but it would prove to be M&M. She would remain there the rest of the day.

On a pan at 1155 I found Mojo, newly hauled out to the water front rocks at the right end of the beach. His natural bleach on the top, left side of his head was shining brightly with his new coat on.

Once again on a pan at 1224 I found that RIP had hauled out to join Mojo at the right end. He maintained a 20 ft. separation, and there was never any interaction at all.

I returned to Sandy Beach at 1658, and found that Benny and Right Spot had departed at 1630. I picked up the stuff and moved on to Irma at 1710. Witnesses said she had left at 1705. I picked up the stuff and called it a day.



No comments: