Thursday, October 15, 2009

DB Post Thursday 10/15/2009

My day began at 0609 with Lona , who was waiting for me at the east end of Sandy Beach. She had last been seen on 9-20-09 at Shark's Cove. Her last SB visit was back on 9-26-08. Lona does a Circle Island Tour once or twice a year, always coming down the east side, and moving all the way back to the North Shore via the south, west shores. She could very easily be in the SW quadrant in the very near future. We shall see.

Another brief word about Lona. I made a big deal about Benny being back at RI the other day. I may have been wrong about that call. Lona has dark lines on the sides of her face that mimic Benny's scars. It may very well be that it was Lona instead. When I found the "Benny" animal on the beach at RI, I did not see a belly, nor did I see the right side. I simply keyed on the facial scars. Benny may be a mere mortal after all ???? Nah !!!!

On my next pass of Sandy Beach at 0743, lo and behold there was Right Spot hauled out about 50 ft west of Lona. I had two separate cordons going all day.

The Rabbit Island cast began with Sadie left of the 3BS, and Mojo (D#3 molt 10%) to the right of 3BS at 0706. Later RIP would haul out to join Mojo, maintaining a 20 ft separation at 0859. Mikala would haul out at the far left end of the beach at 0940, and Duke would show up directly below 1BS at 1043. The entire cast remained there all day.

Team Billand reported Kermit at Maili Point at 1010, and called again at 1108 to report Irma fronting the #2 lifeguard stand at WP.

Brenda Sparks called at 1250 to report that she had seen Ka'ena, Kerby and T15M today at Ka'ena Point.




Lona

Right Spot

Right Spot & Lona

Kaena KerbyT15

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Excellent pics guys!!! Really enjoyed them all!!! Ya done GOOD!!!