Wednesday, October 7, 2009

DB Post Wednesday 10/7/09

When yesterday's dailies magically turned into da' blog, Donna suggested pop corn before settling in to read yesterday's saga. Today, there is no pop corn required, although a Mochi Crunch and a small Coke might be nice.

At 0640 from MO, I found what would proved to be Mojo and big brother RIP (D#3 15%), up amongst the Morning Glory at 3BS on Rabbit Island. Mojo would remain there all day. RIP would do a late afternoon swim and haul out again further down the beach to the right.

Benny was at the right end in the morning, and his pal, Buster was at the left end of the beach. Benny began to galumph to RIP and Mojo, but at about 30 ft, turned and entered the water.

At 0931, Duke hauled out at 1BS and galumphed over to join Buster. They would enter the water and do a swim/play session which I could follow for a while. They were joined by a 3rd animal which I believed to be Benny, but I can't prove that at all. I would lose everybody at 1010. Benny would do a partial haul out at Mojo and RIP's location at 1035, but once again, reentered the water before any confrontation. I would see neither Benny of Buster again after that.

On a routine pan at 1042 I found Duke, by himself, well out on the right end of the island, halfway to the rabbit's nose, in no man's land. He would remain there the rest of the day.

From 1130 until 1245 I departed the pier and did another recheck of the SE quadrant, paying special attention to all the secret Kermit spots, since he was a no show at RI today. Alas I found neither he nor Buster & Benny. I returned to MP.

At 1330, on a routine pan I found Kolohe, newly hauled out to the left end rock flats. He would remain there the rest of the day.

At 0650, Team Billand reported Irma at White Plains. She was still there on their evening check.
Buster & Duke

Duke

Kolohe

MOJO

RIP

1 comment:

Barbara said...

The dailys have been so full of excitement, I eat my dinner reading it all and absorbing each cool detail. I read em first, gulping down my food, then I read it out loud to my family. I'm glad all the critters are showing up on R.I. and hearing that eight seals have hauled up together is cool. Like National Geographics man. Seeing the "WAR" was facinating, yet scary. In life as well as seal life, I just want everyone to get a long, share the beaches and be happy. But I gotta admit, that report on all the activity...SOOOO EXCITING, WISH I WAS THERE OBSERVING TOO. That shot of KOLOHE, AWESOME. He has a cute face!! He's doing just fine, all by himself. That Benny is a frisky munchkin...always DRAMA when he hauls up, huh? Be looking forward to tonights dailys, good job on the reports...photos too.