Monday, October 14, 2019

October 14, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

It was a very busy day but finally I got to get out a little further.
My seal day started with R330 "Squinty" here in front then RR70 "RIP" further down the beach.

At the point I found a beautiful nice and round RL12 "Aukai". While doing outreach I saw a head bobbing up and down in the water, it seemed to disapear for a while then I saw a big green Kermit...I mean seal haul out on the rocks. It was RO40 "Ka'ena"

Back on this side I freshly hauled out RK40 "Napua" on opposite side of the beach from "RIP". I don't think they even noticed each others presence.
I checked on "Squinty" but he was no longer there. The trails of trucks on the beach are from last Friday

O told the VERY happy fisherman that the next big catch had to be at least 1121lbs to beat the 106lbs one caught here last week.   Perhaps more tomorrow ๐ŸŒบ   (I think the 1121 is a typo, so either 112 or 121 lbs, either way that a lot of fish)

No comments: