Thursday, March 21, 2019

March 21, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

This morning I left my work shirt in the drawer and proudly used my "Lily Rain" one in support of the World Down Syndrome Day 2019.
So include in my outreach I talked a little about it sharing what I have been learning lately.

I started checking the front and Birth Beach. Here RN58 "Luana" was hauled out. At Birth Beach RR70 "RIP" was in the same spot I saw him yesterday at sunset.
Team T&D were waiting for me at the Big Beach and we hiked in together. At Hidden Beach we were told by some fishermen that a "baby" seal was near the waterline overnight and left shortly before we arrived. They said they didn't go fishing not to disturb the seal
At the point we found R303 "Squinty" and RL42 "Leia" sleeping in the shallow water of the Main Beach. She doesn't look as big as her younger sister RN58 "Luana" that looks like pup is coming soon but still has a couple of months to go.

Little RK88 "Puna" was by himself on Back Beach near the waterline. He was completely dry so we ruled him off as being the Hidden Beach baby. Perhaps it was his cousin RK40 "Napua" that has been MIA since she was de-hooked.

This afternoon I checked the beaches here infront and found R303 "BG" hauled out @ CE Pt. She's looking big and healthy.

RR70 "Rip" was still @ Birth Beach.   More tomorrow ðŸŒº

 

No comments: