Monday, July 9, 2018

7/9/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

I took me all morning to be able to get out today. Every time I was ready it started raining, finally at noon I decided I had a window.
Down at the PlayPen RK40 "Napua" (F) D66 was hauled out on the beach sleeping & RK88 "Puna" (M) D72 was playing in one of the Keiki Coves.
On my way back both were hauled out on the beach sleeping.
*I found the ball of line and metal that the weaners had beside them the other day

At 10Mnts Beach RG40 "Holokai" was hauled out sleeping. He was still there on my way back.
That's when my window closed and the rain came down. By the time I made it to Hidden Beach rain stopped and I was soaked.
Had to stop cause there was a beautiful seal stretched out on the sand. It was RW02 "PVKauai" - he also was still there on my way back.
Seals were called in to the Hotline

At the point a group of people were venturing going in the water at Back Beach - The waves were rolling in in big sets, they were being tumbled and having a great time. I decided to sit up on our perch to make sure they'd be alright.
As I turned to look to Main Pool that was covered by those big sets, I saw a head. Soon on the outside pool a second head came bopping in like a torpedo. RO40 "Ka'ena's new M.O (Modum Operante) the first seal was RK36 "Kauai Kolohe".
Until downloading the photos for my reports I still had them as 2 U/U - although I was nearly sure it was them. The pool being so full they were swimming and most of the time they were under water. Both seals have chip tags, both have pit scars on their backs so I had to go by their scars   Aloha ๐ŸŒบ




No comments: