Saturday, July 3, 2010

7/3/2010 DB Dailies

From Makai Pier at 0650 I found Ewa Girl & Sam, snoozin' on the far left end of the beach at Rabbit Island. I saw 4 feeds and 2 swims today. All their activity was at the left end today.

The only other RI critter was Sadie. I found her up in the Morning Glory, 50 ft left of 1BS, on my 2nd look from Makai Pier at 0830 . I think she had been there on my earlier look, but I just missed her in the morning gloom and rain. She would move down and enter the water at 0942. She hauled out again to 3BS, at 1333 and remained there the rest of the day.

Team Billand found Makaiwi fronting #1704 at Nimitz Cottages. She would depart at 1536.

The Billands reported Rocky at the Kalaeloa Campgrounds at 0947. She relocated to Wind Sock at 1155.

My wife, Marilyn called at 1447 to advise that Donna had sprained or broken her left ankle on the trail to the TB site, also destroying her cell phone. As with any thoroughbred I advised that they should just put her down and push her off to the side of the trail, but Marilyn prevailed, and TB Security got her back to her car. Marilyn and Eva accompanied her to Kailua. Donna was last seen at Castle ER. I'm sure she will update us on da' blog.  This ole' thoroughbred isn't done yet!  First I can not express my gratitude to dear Marilyn.... thank god she was there... and Joanne Tabor for coming to cover my shift. SO yes... I have a broken fibula and need to see the orthopedic to have a cast put on... being a holiday weekend... well this won't happen until Tuesday....  I am mostly PO'd that I can't be out at the site this weekend when its sooo important.  Again thankyou to Mrs. Seal Whisperer.... ~donna~
Sadie
5AY and Pup Day 5

4 comments:

Dana Jones said...

Thank you Marilyn, Ewa, and Joanne for taking such kuliana with the situation. My heart goes out to Donna and I hope she is not in too much pain. OK. According to DB, this now can possibly qualify her as the blood,sweat,tears, portion to name the pup. She gets my vote.
LOL partner. We'll get you back up on that horse.

Barbara said...

Well Donna, things happen, but, dont worry, there will be lots more days to care for the little pup and MOM. As soon as the cast is on...you can be right back out there. I know you will be. Take care, be safe, sorry you got broked. Prayers to you Blog Lady.

Diga said...

Some people will do anything to get a golf cart ride out to the site. Well done! Sincerely Donna, I hope you're not in pain and you mend quickly. I have stumbled on some of the exposed roots myself. I hope your phone is okay too. Diane

Hawaii Stella's said...

OH no blog lady. I hope you you didn't trip over my babies sippy cup cuz we lost it on the trail. Hope you feel better soon.- Stacey