Tuesday, July 6, 2010

7/6/2010 DB Dailies

At 0629 as I did my first drive through at Sandy Beach I saw 3 bodysurfers and a Monk Seal in the line up at Middle Peaks. It would turn out to be Benny. He hauled out at the east end of the beach at 0710, and remained until the tide starting getting to him at 1023. I had noticed a hole on the beach that kids had dug yesterday, and wouldn't you know it, Benny made at beeline for that hole.

When I got my first look at Rabbit Island from Makai Pier I found Ewa Girl & Sam (D#42), just moving down, 80 ft left of 1BS. M38 was on the beach front incline, as they moved down . Sam took off from Mom's side and headed straight for M38. It scared the heck out of M38 and he took off for the water. Ewa Girl & Sam continued on their swim, and M38 would haul out again at the right end of the beach to join Sadie for the day.

On my return to Makai Pier at 0740 I found that Duke had joined the cast at the right end of the beach, and to my amazement I found RIP at the left end, 80 ft left of 1BS. When Ewa Girl & Sam hauled out from the first of their 2 swims, once again Sam took off way ahead of Ewa Girl and made a beeline for RIP. Ewa Girl was left well away from the action as Sam approached RIP. Once again, RIP didn't know what to do about this terrifying lard ball headed his way, and he ran for it too. The pup literally chased him into the water. Mome was way behind the curve, but did manage to finally get to Sam. RIP was outta' there, however several minutes later he did haul out again and moved close to Ewa Girl & Sam, but not too close.

Team Billand found Makaiwi, at 1028, once again at Oneula Place, Ewa Beach. She remained there all day, even with company on the beach.

Team Billand also found Rocky at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach today.

Once again I got no specific word on the status of R5AY&P but I'm assuming there remain at Turtle Bay. You good people on pup duty, send photos to Donna or myself. We all wanna' see the kid !

Ewa Girl Sam and RIP
RIP
Duke

What with fighting yet anothere computer virus (Thank you John)  and getting the dailies out alittle late, I forgot to add that today is Ka'ena's 4th Birthday. db  (DB, we need to get you some antivirus software... where are you getting all these viruses from?  ) Okay Happy Birthday Ka'ena, and I want to give a special shout out to Joanne Tabor. I spent some time with Joanne at the new pup site (b4 cracking my leg) anyway, Joanne was telling me how she looked over little Ka'ena and went out to Ka'ena Point religiously for the longest time.  Honestly, here on the main Hawaiian Islands... every seal has a story and there is usually some wonderful volunteer who was invloved.  So here's to Ka'ena and his Auntie Joanne!

No comments: