Sunday, July 11, 2010

7/11/2010 DB Dailies

At 0650 I found Sam, leisurely swimming off shore of 1BS on Rabbit Island. He would haul out to 1BS at 1138, and play with sticks for a while. At 1350 Buster would haul out to join him, and they began a swim/play session at 1355. They ranged from the left end of the island to 2BS. Sam would haul out by himself to 1BS at 1508. I did not see Buster again today.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0855 I found Sadie just moving down from the cliff area 40 ft left of1BS. She had no doubt been there on my initial check, and I just missed her in the junk morning light. She would depart at 1012, and I did not see her again today.

On a pan at 0913 I found Kolohe snoozin' on the water front rocks at Rocky Right Beach (RRB) at the far right end of the beach. He would remain there all day.


On a pan at 1038 I found Duke, just hauling out at Seal Rock Inlet (SRI) at the right end of the beach. He would remain there all day.

Team Billand reported that the Rocky,Benny&Kermit show continued at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach, with Rocky & Benny together once again, and Kermit down the beach. Kermit would remain at that location until his departure at 1540. The Rocky&Benny show would relocate to Kalaeloa Campgrounds (KCG) at 0919, and then to the last cabin (#1943) at White Plains at 1025. Benny would depart at 1100. Rocky would relocate one more time to the beach fronting #1760 at WP at 1440.

Team Billand also reported Makaiwi (4DF) fronting Nimitz Cottage #1703 at 0750. She would depart at 1515.

To any and all who served in yet another "Above & Beyond" day in the SW Quadrant, Thank You................very much. I heard Jenn's name, and I spoke with Diane Gabriel but if there are others privates in the Monk Seal Army that I didn't hear about, Kudos !!

Barbara Allen checked in late in the day so say that R5AY & pup where happy and well on D#12. She also provided photos. Thank You Barbara ! There was a call about 4:00 to say another seal hauled out about 1/4 mile down the beach... no identification, no photos, but my "guess would be right spot"  security was able to rope off.

Keith Kenyon Expeditions trekked to the end of the world, and brought back proof of Ka'ena, Kiko, and T15M out there on the edge, at Ka'ena Point.

No comments: