Monday, July 26, 2010

7/26/2010 DB Dailies

It was not until my 2nd pass, Rabbit Island check at 0852 that I found what would prove to be Duke, amongst the rocks on the far left end of the beach. When I got back to Makai Pier at 1254 I found Sam hauled out at 1BS.

In between those two RI observation periods I on a mission to Sand Island. Dera called at 0857 with a report from HPD about two animals at Sand Island. I finally fought my way through town traffic and arrived at 0947. Since all my other SI animals had been toward the Keehi Lagoon end, I started there. Alas, I was wrong. I finally found them at 1025 near the Honolulu Harbor end of the park at a lagoon I'd never been to before. It would prove to be Ewa Girl, and RIP. I'd last seen RIP at RI on 7-23-10. Ewa Girl had not been seen since she and RIP were together at Kalaeloa Campgrounds on 7-15-10. I used Caution Tape to cordon them off. There was almost nobody at all in the area. Sand Island is not heavily used, during the week.

Team Billand found nobody on their morning passes through the W and SW quadrants. The Billands were at Turtle Bay for a while with R5AY & Pup, and on the way home found Rocky at Iroquois Point, at 1605.
Ewa Girl and RIP
Duke
Sam
Rocky

No comments: