Sunday, December 31, 2023

December 31, 2023 123123 Dailies

There were no seals to report today, it seems Team R&B are under the weather and stayed home today. Which I say good, they deserve a break. Please send them well wishes for a healthy and happy 2024.

In closing out the year I know there has been more information on social media these days. I tend not to copy anything to the blog unless I know the source and have permission to do so.  Lets just say a couple of incidents this past month made the news and are being looked into. One being the stranded baby whale that some woman tried to mount and ride...... hmmmm.... I know.  The other was a group of kids entering a roped off zone where a seal was resting to take photos.  They were caught on camera.
I do believe there needs to be better education to visitors when they arrive. And they need to understand there will be consequences. 

One last comment from me, I would like to wish my seal mentor DB a happy heavenly birthday.  He will always be a part of my life and I am grateful all that he taught me, but more than anything bringing some of the most special people in my life.

Wishing you all a very healthy, safe and prosperous 2024!
 

No comments: