Wednesday, June 26, 2013

6-26-2013 DB's Dailies: Kainoa&Kaiwi@RI, Buster@SC&SB, Pohaku&Benny@Waikomo's, M&M,Irma@WP, Kolohe@GR, Ka'ena,Kerby&UF@KP

At 0651 Kimo called with the report of an animal at Spitting Cave. There was only a single up, before it disappeared. The only Kimo shot giving any clues was a muzzle shot, with discolorations that I associate with Buster.

At 0909 Ocean Safety called with what is becoming the daily Buster call, at Sandy Beach. Sure enough when I arrived at 0917 there was Buster (RV08) fronting the Gas Chambers break at the right end of SB. I cordoned him off and he has remained the rest of the day. Buster departed at approximately 1630.

At 0955 I found Kainoa (RN04) once again amongst the rocks, 100 ft right of 1BS on Rabbit Island.

As I panned to the right end I found what would prove to be Kaiwi (RK96) at Rocky Right Beach. She would move down and out of my line of sight at 1010. At 1056 she would haul out to join Kainoa, right of 1BS. Both moved up with the rising tide, and remained the rest of the day.

Team Billand called at 0608 to report Pohaku (RO28) & Benny (RE74) once again at Waikomo's on the west side.

At 0700 they called again, this time with the report of M&M (R020) fronting #1707, and Irma (R010) fronting #1708, at White Plains. Irma had last been seen at Diamond Head on 6-22, and I've been lookin' high & low for her out this way, but Irma obviously headed back to the west.

Diane Gabriel & Karen Turner did the Ka'ena Pt trek from the Waianae side. At 1320 Diane reported that they found Ka'ena (RO40) & Kerby (RW08) at the Runway, and at about the half way point on the way out, found an U/F, at 1452. Awaiting photos.
sorry peeps will finish in the morning.... had to leave the store early.... they are locking me in!!!! Will finish up in the AM.
da blog lady :-(  okay sooooo it's much later but at least I got it done... bottom line is I have to get the internet fixed at my house.

 Buster 
 Ka'ena 
Kerby 
 
 Ka'ena and Kerby 
 R912

No comments: