Wednesday, September 7, 2011

9-7-11 R5AY and La'a Kea Day 41

Auntie Lesley reports in from her long day pup sitting. Also just to clarify to most of you... Dawn Patrol hours are at sunrise sometime around 5-5:30 AM to 7:00 AM. Before the regular schedule of volunteers. As much as I have enjoyed the great photos of the rising sun... DB, Lesley and Marilyn are crazy!  (kidding of course)... 

Did dawn patrol with Marilyn &DB then the long afternnon shift at NS. I was running late to get to NS so I called Karen Turner, she was walking out to the site and said she'd stay till I got there. THANK YOU Karen !!


When I arrived R5AY & La'a Kea were playing in the McKenzie pool. They were 12 fishing poles all around and the fisherman (will be camping till the weekend) were all very nice. One even told me about this guy at Sandy's that is always around when a seal comes up... I wonder who could that be ?.....  The girls headed back north with the pup in the lead. They hauled out where Joy and Debie had put the new fence this morning. They slept for 3 hours and auntie sat in a nice shade reading a book !


Around 6:00PM the pup started moving around and demanded nursing, after a couple of bites her wish was granted by mom presenting herself. On several occasions I saw pup biting mom, but also saw mom doing the same or just giving her some time out. 


Karen told me when I arrived that Right Spot was on the beach, hotel side. I called DB, hHe had been told there was another seal but not which one. Debie sent him photos later. When I was on my way out I noticed she was no longer there, she'd left in an hour time frame from the last I had looked with the binoculars to check on her. I called DB to let him know.


The moon was beautiful on the drive back. Full moon this weekend !.  Aloha,


 Look how much she has grown ( I know I keep saying that... but really) 
 Classic look of pup ready to be weaned... almost like they have the little pop-up telling ya when it's all done (like a turkey) 
 Kid yapping, but at least they not going for a rock'em sock'em
 Little piggy gets to feed
 Full and happy time to rest
 Now its' time to say goodnight
 Little snack before the sun goes down
 Day 41 is done... Once again we shared sun rise and sun set with Auntie Lesley.... thank you.

No comments: