Saturday, September 3, 2011

9-2-11 My Day with Irma, Ka Iwi, DB and Lesley

Aloha good people....  
Today I had my shift with big momma and po4.... When I arrived two things were noticeable; 1st - Ka Iwi was close to double her size from last week. I could not believe how much she had grown.... and 2nd - How far to the east they had moved and they were in front of the very spot DB most feared.... the surfers access point.


Pup had just finished feeding and they were in full on snooze mode when I arrived.... I waited a bit and looked over the site and made the decision to start prepping the area to scale down the size of the SPZ. After all we have a big holiday weekend and last thing we need to do is take up too much of the area.  Just as I was finished prepping... DB arrived.... 
( I know he's been moving this fencing quite a bit so it felt good to have made it a wee bit easier for him).... from there he and I continued to relocate the fencing and secure the perimeter.  Just as we were finishing up... Lesley arrived with frozen mocha coffee for us.... OMG sooo sooo good (although I will probably be up until Sunday)... All in all it was a great day at Camp Irma... beautiful scenery, Irma and Ka Iwi and time spent with DB and Lesley.... PRICELESS.


Oh and I got to meet new volunteer Michael.... very cool dude, I look forward to working with him and turning him into a monk seal maniac ~da blog lady~


 How can anyone not love a face like this? 
 Inching her way back to big momma
 Giving little snuggles 
 Still can't get over how much she has grown 
 

No comments: