Thursday, September 29, 2011

9-28-11 DB Dailes


When we arrived at AD, we intially could not find Kaiwi. As it got lighter we found her on the water front rock flats in line with the west end fence line. We extended the area with cones,signs and rope. When she moved into the water and began moving toward the middle of the area, at 0700, the extension was taken down. According to shift notes, she swam played in the tide pools until hauling out at 1330 for a snooze, which was her mode when we broke down at 1900.
At 0707 I found what would prove to be M&M (R020) to the right side of Seal Rock Inlet on Rabbit Island.
At 0735 Duke (RA12) would haul out to join her, but after a few snorts, Duke moved back into Seal Rock Inlet. M&M would later move down to join him.
At 0920 when I got back to Makai Pier for my 2nd look, I found that Buster (RV08) had joined the cast, at the left end of RI, 60 ft left of 1BS. He would depart at 1034.
By 1100 M&M and Duke were out of my line of sight from Makai Pier. I relocated to Kaupo Beach Park, and at 1130, from that angle I found that M&M and Duke were still there.
Additionally, I found Nani (RK60) 30 ft to the right. She had been totally invisible to me from MP.
Team Billand reported Ewa Girl (RS00) at Kalaeloa Campgrounds at 0700. She had departed on their 1500 check.
At 0744 they reported Kermit (R4DG) at Wind Sock. When they had to depart, he was trying to decide he would reef it, or beach it, for the day. He remained all day.

Duke and M+M 
 Ewa Girl RS00 other number 1A0
 the Grand Dame of Oahu's monk seals
 Kermit @ Wind Sock
 Mr. Green 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew that Irma had slipped a notch in DB's affection and that Rocky had become seal non grata.
So guess all that gives Eva Girl the Grand Dame title?