Sunday, September 4, 2011

9-4-11 DB Dailies

While Missus Whisperer began setting up Base Camp Irma at 0554, I did the first of 3 Benny Quest trips in the SE quadrant. He would prove to be a no show, all day. Only Benny knows ?????

The Dawn Patrol got things set up and found Mom and pup snoozin' right where they'd been last night. The would do a 2 1/2 hours swim session from 0710 to 1006, all in the their favorite tide pool. At the end of the session Irma lead the way to a point 50 ft west of the tide pool to haul out and feed. This is the first meaningful move to the west in a few days. They would do another 2 1/2 swim in the afternoon, and this time it was to the west. Posse member, June called at 1510 to advise that they were beyond the west end fence line. We went down immediately and put out cones , signs and rope, and then began construction or reconstruction of the fence line, right back to where it had been . Irma and pup even swam outside the water front rock flats, marking their furthest distance off shore. When we left tonight, they had done a feed and were in snooze mode. There are campers at each end of the compound. We hope for the best .

I got in a Rabbit Island quick check at 0650, finding Kolohe (RW22) and Duke (RA12). When I got back again at 1050, I found Nani (RK60).

On my 0745, Spitting Cave check I found what I believe to be Buster (RV08),but I must go with an U/U designation. I must couldn't see enough to confirm the ID. Since Buster has been on Molokai for a while, I want to be completely sure before commiting. Hopefully, I'll be able to confirm tomorrow.

Team Billand called at 1430 to say that posse member Clay Gates had reported Rocky (RH58) and Iroquois Pt.  (Sy unless sy is the name of a new seal) At 1626 the Billands found a 65% molted , M&M at Guard Rails Beach, Maili.

Vera Cober sent great shots from Turtle Bay, for the Yesterday's News department. The pup is just tooooooo cute !


 M+M 65% molted.... she looks so tired... 
 RI37 @ Ko'olina
 Wedding crasher RI37 attends a couples special moment
 Rocky hanging out with Uncle Clay @ Iroquois

1 comment:

Lesley - Mkt and Events said...

I arrived for dawn patrol some minutes after Mrs Whisperer. From early morning we had a non stop flow of visitors, most of them first timers. A lot of PR was done, some fence arranging, and hours observing mom & pup in their long swimming sessions in the tide pool (little did I know what they were going to be up to in the afternoon). I left at 11am to go get ready and drive out to Kailua for the DA KINE CANINE FESTIVAL, where Donna & I coordinated the HMSRTO booth. It was a very successful event and great participation for HMSRTO. We confirmed that dog lovers are also HMS lovers. At the end of the event our donation jar was nice and heavy. Big MAHALO to Donna, once again a great team work
On my way back in the evening, I stopped at the site and joined Lynne, Caryn, Mrs & Mr Whisperer for the last hour of the day and wrap up. Many campers were around and most likely will be spending the night.