Tuesday, September 6, 2011

9-6-11 DB Dailes and Camp Irma Report Day 26

The Dawn Patrol arrived at AD at 0550,to find Irma (R010) and Ka 'Iwi lolling in a tide pool. There would be multiple feeds and swim sessions. With no fences to mend and relatively slow activity, Lesley was began an arts & crafts session, and somewhere along the line saw and photographed a new little friend on the netting of the fence. She mentioned that she forgot to name her new friend. I offer up "Ratona" (pronounced Hatona... Brasilian for rat (F)) as a possibility.

The Rabbit Island cast was a bumper crop. On my 2nd look at 1029 I found Nani (RK60) at the left end, my U/M from Spitting Cave the last two days , now at 3BS, and still Unknown (possible RIP ???) Sadie (RB12) and Duke at SRI, and at 1157 Kolhe (RW22) at Rocky Right Beach.

I was extremely happy to see Benny (RE74) haul out to Seal Rock Inlet at 1159. Duke was not so happy, since Benny chose him to play with, whether Duke wanted to or not. With Benny on RI I thought all was well with the world. No Benny to worry about. Wrong................again ! At 1529 DIGA called from AD. "Bennys Here !!). I was there at warp speed, and sure enough there were Benny and Irma going at it, with the pup not having a clue what was going on, and getting in the way. It was a full 12 rounder lasting an hour or so, before things settled down. Benny looked like he was leaving a couple of times, but the little dude is still there. 15 to 20 ft away. There is a truce for the moment. Lynne called at 1753 to advise that Benny had departed, headed west.

Team Billand checked in to advise that Kekoa (RK72) was a no show on the Reef Runway check. Security posse member Eileen did an outstanding job, keeping the birth beach area, clear of fishermen getting in too close. Mahalo Eileen ! I want to meet Eileen....!  I am out there on Saturdays which is probably her well deserved day off.... I may have to hook up with Team Billand on a Tuesday to go out and meet her.

The Billands also reported RI37 at Paradise Cove again today.

Excitement @ Camp Irma Benny invasion Big Momma defends her space with pup.
 Have to give Benny credit he doesn't give up
 Maybe if I'm really quiet she won't know I am here.... (photo cracks me up)
 Guess again Benny she noticed.... 
 Irma and Ka'Iwi finally some peace and quiet
 Hickory dickory dock.... What the heck... amazing photo... rat @ the beach 
 Who knew? Beware surfers rat shark found in waters
 Lesley's art... sorry I could not get it to post right side up.... so tilt your head to the right, you get the picture.
 Irma and Ka Iwi
Aunite Diga captures some action shots today!
This mom and pup don't argue nearly as much as north shore pair

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could that 4th photo of Benny, Irma, and pup be like a family portrait? He sure did hang around Irma a few months ago. I recall the Benny/Irma saga that Barbara wrote when Irma gave him the slip after several days.

However, I'm sure that posing for a record of past genealogy was not Benny's foremost interest, rather future genealogy!