Saturday, September 17, 2011

9-17-11 Kekoa Update from Reef Runway

Aloha good people,
This morning I headed out to the Reef Runway and was happy to find Kekoa sound asleep at the shoreline away from the birthing beach but still within walking distance. I sat in the sand put up my umbrella and spend the next two hours watching a sleeping seal.... the only movement was a sneeze, a roll over and perhaps an itch.  This boy must spend a lot of time out on the water because the last time I saw him it was pretty much the same thing.... he couldn't keep his eyes open.  Also from what I can tell, he is a very healthy young weaner....

 Kekoa out by Reef Runway
 this kid was covered in sand except for this part of his face, like he had a mask on
 Seal Power (flipper pump)
 Now this is Shake and Bake....
 Snooze mode
 the only time I saw his eyes open in the two hour period
 RK72/RK73 Kekoa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna, I agree with Diga's comment yesterday, about the new way of looking at photos. It's a definite improvement over clicking on each photo. DB

Donna said...

thanks DB.... originally it seemed to be a problem getting back to the blog once you were looking at the photos, and the other difference you aren't able to enlarge the photo a second time to look at details....
But hey... if you guys are happy, then I am happy... ! :)