Thursday, September 1, 2011

9-1-11 DB Dailies

At 0600 the Dawn Patrol found Irma (R010) and Ka Iwi right where they were last night, at the east margins of the site. They would do a swim session from 0652 until 0754, and another from 1100 until 1158 , hauling out to their same starting point. I saw three feeds, put there were no doubt more.

Vera Cober stopped by today, and provided an interesting piece of info. She managed to capture Ka Iwi catching and either eating or at least mouthing what is probably a Moi. There were a couple of fishermen in the area this morning fishing for Moi and both Marilyn and Lesley saw lots of little dorsal fins in the shallows this morning. Outstanding job Vera. Ya' Done Good.......again !!

Thank you to all who served in the Irma trenches today, and thank you too, to Lesley and Marilyn who ganged up on me to force me into a kinda/sorta day off. Blondes, and ex-blondes..... ya' jus' cain't trus'um'. I would also like to thank Lesley and Marilyn for forcing you to REST!  Good job my sisters!

When I got to Makai Pier at 1006 I found the gang of three, Duke (RA12), Kolohe(RW22) and Nani (RK60) all together on the Waimanalo side of Left Point Beach on Rabbit Island. At 1009 I became aware of Sadie (RB12) coming into view from behind the Morning Glory, 40 ft left of 1BS.

At 0833 Team Billand called with the report of M&M (R020) , alone at Guard Rails Beach, Maili. The next call came at 0835, advising that they had found RIP (RR70) 100ft away from M&M. A later call at 1448 advised that RIP had relocated to Maili Point. They also stated that M&M had begun her molt today. D#1 1%.

At 1200 the Billands advised that IRQ posse member, Clay Gates had reported Rocky (RH58) at IRQ. At that time the Billands asked Clay to investigate a report of an animal behind the Shooting Range, between IRQ and Ewa Beach. At1448 Clay confirmed that it was the dreaded , maneating Crab Pot Seal !! Thank you Clay !! I have to confess when I first read "crab pot seal" I immediately thought of Kekoa....  His birthing beach has a cooking pot just there on the sand.... and we know that is where crappy crab lives... My heart skipped a few beats thinking he made his way over to Iroquois... and how lucky for Clay.... but then I read the next paragraph and realized I jumped ahead of myself.

Another call from da' Billands came at 1459, reporting that Reef Runway posse member Eileen had called to report that Kekoa RK72) had been there all day, and was happy and well , and that Ewa Girl (RS00) was now there. Thank you , Eileen ! You are worth many times your weight in manapua !

Karen Turner sent shots from the Keiki Pond today. Her "Up and Over" sequence is grrrrrrrrrrrreat !!!

Rabbit Island gang Kolohe, Duke, Nani and Sadie
 Welcome back Sadie 
 Rocky @ Iroquois
thank you Clay
 M+M @ Maili Guard Rails
 RIP @ Maili Guard Rail 

No comments: