Wednesday, September 21, 2011

9-21-11 DB Dailies and Day 41 at Camp Irma

At 0545 the Dawn Patrol found Irma (R010) and Kaiwi, snoozin' on the beach, above their east end tide pool. They would do a morning (rising tide) swim session, washing beyond the east end fence line, but thankfully returning to their starting point, 20 ft inside the existing fence line for a haul out, feed and snooze.
On my 0643 Spitting Cave check I once again found Buster (RV08) doing 11 minute dives. His 12 consecutive days at SC is well beyond a new record. 4 consecutive days was the record.
On my 0749, Rabbit Island check I found the resident U/F on the point of Left Point Beach, at the left end, where she has reigned for the last 10 days.
Also at 749 I found Ewa Girl (RS00), again at the left end of the Middle Cliff. Both would remain all day.
Team Billand checked in at 0734 to advise that their posse member, Frank, had reported Rocky (RH58) at IRQ. Awaiting confirming photos.
I received word from Dana that La'akea got her tags today. Tracy confirmed the numbers as RK82/83. Thank you Sean & Mark.

 U/F Rabbit Island - will we ever know? lol
Beautiful early morning shot of Irma and Ka Iwi
  Reach out and touch...
 Not much left at the well
 Ester William swim school

2 comments:

Heide Joy Weber said...

I've just gotta ask...how on earth can you tell from a quarter mile that this is a female seal!?! It seems like if that rather small detail can be determined the ID part should be a piece of cake! I am constantly amazed!

Donna said...

Haaa.. That's why he the seal whisperer... I remember going out to spitting cave one time with DB... we were both looking through binoculars, not only did he spot the seal, but he also knew who it was... all the time I am frantically searching... where where...? This is why we love DB...

The other piece is... he knows it's M+M but since there is "no positive proof" she has to be listed as a UF.

We love ya DB