Sunday, August 7, 2011

8-6-11 Kekoa RK72/73

Aloha good people... I was at reef runway this morning to find Kekoa showing his new bling... So now he's a tagged weaner sporting number RK72/RK73. When I arrived at 10:00 he was in snooze mode above the high water mark. A half hour later he made his way down to the waters edge, I thought for sure he was going in since the last 3 times out to the site he had been in the water. But instead he stopped just at the waters edge and was back into snooze mode. I spent a lot of time looking him over through my zoom to see if there were any bleach marks or other marking... but he is one clean weaner.  
Upon zooming in for a close look I noticed Kekoa had company.... a crab. Now I can't tell if it was friendly or just p'oed,..... could be Kekoa was laying over the entrance to his home.  What amazed me is this crap craB hung out for at least 20 to 30 minutes.... even when I thought it was gone it showed up again.
Enjoy the photos.... ~da blog lady ~



 Beautiful coat and clean
 Kekoa and Mr. Crap Crab
 Kekoa notices Mr. Crab
 Mr. Crab goes around to the rear
 Finally mamaged to make it around
 Oh no I think he rolled over on Mr. Crab
 No... he's back
 Kekoa heads back to high water mark
 Back to where he started in full snooze mode.

No comments: