Saturday, August 6, 2011

8-6-11 DB Dailies

On my 0633 Spitting Cave check I found Buster (RV08). It was to be his one and only up. I did not see him again today.

At 0732 I found Duke (RA12) up in the Morning Glory behind Seal Rock Inlet . He would move down and enter the water at 0904, and haul out at the left end of the beach at 0917. A note on Duke... I said a few days ago that he might have begun his molt. I've forgotten everyday since then to tell you that I was mistaken. He has not yet begun to rot.

At 0800 I found Kolohe (RW22) up in the Morning Glory, 40 ft left of 1BS. At 0917 Duke hauled out to his location,and Kolohe galumphed down to meet him. They did da swim/play session from 0918 to 1017 when they hauled out together to the far left end of the beach, where they remained for the rest of the day.

On a pan at 0858 I became aware of Nani (RK60) amongst the rubble at Rocky Right Beach. She moved out of my line of sight at 1220. I relocated to Makapuu Overview at 1313 and lo and behold she was still there, but only visible from that location.

Team Billand checked in at 0824 to advise that Ewa Girl (RS00) was at Kalaeloa Campgrounds, near the Fire Surf School.

Rachel checked in at 0937 to report that Rocky (RH58) was once again at her location near the showers at Diamond Head. Her D#7 molt is 95%. In case you are wondering this was her 15th consecutive day at DH.

Mrs. Whisperer did the Ka'ena Point trek today. Marilyn called at 0928 with the report of RO28 at the beach, 30 minutes in from the Mokuleia parking lot. Her molt is 98%. At 1000 she called from the point to report 761 on the back beach, and T21M, Ka'ena RO40) &Noa (R6FI) on the front beach. This is the first sighting of Noa since 7-4-11.

I have no reports yet, but I presume that R5AY&P spent D#8 at Turtle Bay

  Kolohe
 Nani
 Duke and Kolohe
 Buster @ Spitting Cave
 Rocky rockstar  looking good
 Just a few more pieces to perfection
 Ewa Girl @ Campbells
 Heading out.... where? Only she knows

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Ewa Girl hung out at Kalaeloa Campgrounds all day long. She left on her own at 5:20pm heading straight out. Wonder if she will return to Reef Run Way again. She is one magnificent seal, all power and very intelligent, just awesome to watch. Thanks for Kekoa, good luck finding a spot to vacation. Hope to see you soon big girl....