Sunday, August 14, 2011

8-14-11 DB Dailies

I arrived at AD's at 0545 to find one pole down and a splice broken. Lesley and I redid the cordon and things seem to have worked for today. Though I wasn't there for the majority of the day, Lesley said that Irma & Pup moved down to the rock flats but never entered the water. When I got back in the afternoon they were wet from the rising tide, and moved up to the sand. Thanks to the whole gang that were at the AD's site today. Lots of Irma & Pup shots are comin' in. Thanks all!

I found email from Dana this morning advising that an animal had hauled out around midnight in Waikiki, at lifeguard stand 2C. Thanks to Rene, Robert, Don & Karen for being on it. When I got there at 0820, Karen was there manning the scene with the police cones and caution tape up. It was Rocky (RH58). We redid the cordon and Rocky snoozed away the morning. Don and I took over for Karen. Rocky finally departed at 1152.

I stopped by AD's at 1300 to find a lot of good people on the job, so I went off to check Rabbit Island, at 1400. There I found Kolohe (RW22), Duke (RA12) and Nani (RK60).

Marilyn did the Ka'ena Point trek today, and found RO28 at the beach 30 minutes in from the Mokuleia parking lot, and Ka'ena (RO40) at the point. Unfortunately, she also ran afoul of two dogs at a campsite she passed on the way in. One of the dogs bit her on the leg. It appears to be superficial, with no problems so far. Still, it's not the way you'd want to begin your trek.

In the Yesterday's News department, not only did the Cobers shot at AD's today, they also provided shots from Turtle Bay, from yesterday.

Good ol' Rocky @ Waikiki 
 Ka'ena @ Ka'ena Point 
 RO28 @ Mokuleia 
 Bathing beauty pose with her new coat
Day 2 Giant Floater @ Iroquois

No comments: