Wednesday, August 3, 2011

8-3-11 DB Dailies

It was my 2nd look at Rabbit Island before I found anybody. At 0913 I found Kolohe (RW22) just hauling out of Seal Rock Inlet to the left side water front rocks. He would remain there all day.  At 0939, Nani (RK60) hauled out the the far left end of the beach, where she remained until the rising tide washed her into the water at 1326. I did not see her again after that.

At 0944, Duke (RA12) came galumphing down from behind the Morning Glory, 40 ft left of 1BS. I had been totally unaware of his presence there. He would spend the rest of the day just above the water line. I got only a brief, not very good look at his chest, but it is possible he began his molt today. Hopefully, tomorrow will provide a better look.  At 0955 Buster (RV08) would join the cast. He initially hauled out to Duke at 1BS, but got no reaction so he reentered the water and at 1024 hauled out to join Kolohe at Seal Rock Inlet, where he spent the rest of the day.

Team Billand checked in at 0653 with no critters, but a scary lay net situation, at Paradise Cove. Fortunately, nobody died today. The Billands checked in at 1526 to advise that Benny (RE74) was right there on the beach at Paradise Cove. Barbara called to advise that Benny had departed at 1715.

Rachel called at 0955 to advise that Rocky (RH58) remains at Diamond Head. Her D#4 molt appears to be approximately 35%.

Diane Gabriel was on R5AY duty today and sent a great piece of footage showing Mom stressin' on the absence of the pup.  I can only imagine everyone there was stressing too! Thank you Diane for sharing this great footage.



 Duke
 Rocky @ Diamond Head about 35% peeled!
 I just want to scrub her face.... clean it up.
 Benny @ Paradise Cove
 

1 comment:

Barbara said...

That was the cutest scene of a Mom upset with her kid who moved too far from her. Seeing the little gremlin coming over the top of the rocks..Priceless. Good footage. I thought I could hear the little one in the back ground once. It is really a pup that is so adventurous, independent, a leader coming up. I said that from the first few hours on earth at the birthing spot. How can one so tiny be so full of courage already:???? Who is the daddy???? R018? I forget.