Saturday, August 20, 2011

8-20-11 DB Dailies

Dera's 1839 call last night brought word of Rocky's return to Waikiki. Colleen handled, and was ready , willing and able to be on it this morning. Becky (Dana's Mom) saved the day with a call at 0542, advising that Rocky (RH58) had mercifully departed of her own volition at approximately 0535. Thank you Rocky !!!

I was at AD's for the "dawn patrol" at 0545 with Lesley. Irma & Pup were happy and well, and did a feed shortly after my arrival. My initial job was to erect Donna's addition to the cause, a new tent thingy. It was a battle to the death with the equipment taking the early rounds, before I finally beat it into submission and got it put up. (what no pictures? ) With today's off and on rain episodes it was much needed. I stopped in through the day , spending time with Cindy, Ray, Stacey, Lynne and Caryn, who were today's crew. The day appeared routine for Mom & Pup, feeds.... moving to the tide pools , and snoozin' . We closed up shop after 1900 and Mom & Pup were snoozin' .

For the first time in several days I was able to do a routine check of the SE quadrant. At 0855 I found a 100% molted Kolohe, Duke and Nani at RI.

Marilyn (Missus Whisperer) did the Ka'ena Point trek, and reported RO28 at the beach 30 minutes in from the Mokuleia parking lot, and at the point found Kerby (RW08) with 76I together, and at a separate location she reported the find of the day. She called at 1038 to ask if I knew who RB00 was. I did not, but I stopped by the house to look it up. Lo and Behold we have a special guest celebrity with us. RB00 is none other than Rocky's 4 y.o. daughter from Kauai !! She was born on or about 4-28-07, and I called her Roxy at the time, though I've come to stop naming off island animals since that is up to the various islands. Since I am probably the only one who even knows the name Roxy, I vote that we go with the more traditional name given to any animal who gets a 00 tag. In this case that would be "BOO".

Posse member Karen Bryan did a dive at Makaha Caverns today and sent photos of none other than our boy Benny.
DB and Lesley on Dawn Patrol with Irma and pup
Thank you Karen Turner for an update pic of R5AY and pup
 Kolohe, Duke and Nani
 So cool that our Karen Bryan got to see Benny boy on her dive.... She must have been sooo excited.
 nice shot 

1 comment:

Karen Bryan said...

Over a year of diving in Hawaiian waters and I finally got to see a monk seal!!!! I was so surprised that I hesitated at first, but managed to get a couple of pics before he disappeared into the deep blue-gray sea. The close up shot was taken by my dive buddy, Deb, who is the diver in the first photo. Benny was headed for her like a torpedo!! It was an experience I will never forget. Thanks Benny!! Hope to see him again soon.