Sunday, August 21, 2011

8-20-11 Kekoa RK72 Update

Aloha good people....
I was out at the reef runway this morning to check in on Kekoa. Upon arrival the beach was empty with exception of the wallows left behind from a larger seal and smaller animal (most likely him, adult unknown).
I spent the 1st hour walking the beach and using my binoculars.... no sign of the bugger. Speaking of bugs, I was able to see the yellow spider was still there and now had some next door neighbors...
I was standing on the rocks looking up and down the beaches, and out over the water.... and to my surprise a little head pops up right in front of me... scared the crap out of me... but I was still enough so I could snap a couple of shots... Clearly a weaner and after the dive I knew it was Kekoa.... he seemed curious but went on his way and swam along the shore until he hauled out on the beach. It took him about a half hour to make his way above the high water mark, where it looked like he was planning on staying for a while. He went into snooze mode and it was time for me to leave.  
He's looking healthy... and no scratches, scars, cuts, or marks that I could tell. Just a little happy go lucky weaner. ~da blog lady~
yellow spider man
 spider man and mini me
 Right after the kid popped his head up the first time
 swimming past check things out
 going for a dive
 must have had a good work out
 such a sweet face
 making his way up ... slowly but surely
 once he was on his side that was it.... didn't move the rest of the time.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh so dam cute!!!!!!!!!! Seeing his photos makes me smile alot, what a hippo of a seal, so sweet. Glad you saw him again,he keeps busy out there,ALLLLLLLL BY HIMSELF. Awesome.

Barbara said...

Donna, I saw your Spider,I wanted to send you my spider I found, but all my photos suck big time. So I appreciate YOUR spider shot. how come yours so clear??? And my spider had a really beautiful pattern...shucks. he. He.