Monday, August 22, 2011

8-22-11 DB Dailies and more

Marilyn, Lesley and I arrived for "dawn patrol" at 0600, and set up Base Camp Irma. Irma and pup were snoozin', but began moving to the water front rocks, tide pools. The tide was on the rise so the pup got swept a time or two but managed to get back to mom. On each of my following checks they were in the tide pool.

On my 0850 look at Rabbit Island, from the Makapuu Overview I found Kolohe (RW22) at the base of right Middle Cliff. By the time I got to Makai Pier at 0910 he had moved down near the water line to cool off. Also at 0910 I found Duke RA12) at Seal Rock Inlet, and chunky little Nani just hauling out to the left end of the beach. She was faced with an impossible cut in the beach front. She tried it once, but then galumphed 60 ft left to find an easier incline.

Team Billand checked in with the report of RIP (RR70), and M&M together again at Maili Point. The rising tide washed RIP off the rocks, but they boy just won't give up.

At 1417 the Billands called with especially good news. They were with Rocky (RH58) at Iroquois Point. Posse member Clay Gates had called them. I notified Colleen immediately. Both are blood pressures have dropped dramatically .

Team Billand checked in again at 1436 to advise that Runway Posse member, Eileen had called to say that Ewa Girl (RS00), and Kekoa (RK72) had been on the birth beach, five feet apart since 1030.

When I stopped by the ADs site this afternoon, Carroll Cox was there. He has become a regular at the site. Though I love you dearly Donna, he has taken pity on us Monk Seal folk, and given us the Rolls Royce version of the Kia model tent that Donna provided. He swears this thing is a piece of cake to open and close, with no set up. I'll be finding out this evening when I break down Base Camp Irma. Carroll said it was idiot proof, and I'm living proof thats the case. The new tent is just pop up...pop down ! Thank You Carroll, and thank you also to Marilyn,Lesley, Diga, Tammy, Lauray, Amy & Mike for all the help.

Karen Turner sent photos from today at Turtle Bay. Thank You Karen ! I must apologize to all of you who have been serving in the trenches up their. It was brought to my attention today that you are still in a quandry as to sex of the pup. I got so busy with Irma & Pup and Rocky in Waikiki, that I seem to have neglected to tell you thatI queried my office Senseis some time ago, and it was a unanimous Female response ! I humbly concur.

Nani attempting the big climb 
 Rocky's natural bleach mark left fore flipper
 Rocky @ Iroquois...
 M+M and RIP @ Maili
 playful banter or fore-play
 M+M
 RIP

No comments: