Sunday, August 21, 2011

8-21-11 DB Dailies

At 0600 Marilyn and I were at ADs with Irma & Pup (D#10). With a little PhD help I got "Base Camp Irma" erected, and the day began . Bloodied, but not broken, I resumed the day after a brief respite. Irma and pup did an early feed and move down to spend the bulk of the day in the tide pools. They moved up 1ish, and the kid gave everybody a heart attack at 1508 when it took off for the water , but Irma barked orders, and the pup returned.

On my first brief look at the SE quadrant I found what would prove to be Kolohe (RW22), Duke (RA12) and Nani (RK60) in a play/swim session off shore of 3BS on Rabbit Island. When I got back to Makai Pier at 1044, I found all 3 to the right of Seal Rock Inlet. Unfortunately, I also found two idiots in close proximity to them . I immediately made the DOCARE call, and Officer Ken Lesperance met and busted said idiots upon their return to Kaupo Beach Park at 1205.

Team Billand checked in at 0800 with the report of RIP (RR70) and M&M together at Maili Point. At 0951 they found Ewa Girl (RS00) at the 2nd bunker west of the Nimitz Jetty.

There was an animal at the west end of Makaha beach in the afternoon. Team Billand checked in at 1705 to advise that it was Benny (RE74).

In the Yesterday's News" department, Vera sent great R5AY&Pup shots. She has once again captured the illusive natural bleach on the posterior ventral side, near the hind flippers. I'm a "true believer" . Some shots show it , some shots don't.

Base Camp Irma... Great shot- Glad the little tent is holding up
 When will people get it.... ??
 As much as it bugs me people do this.... I do get some satisfaction out of they are clueless anyone can see them ... and when DOCARE comes through and writes them up! 
 
 Ewa Girl @ Nimitz 
 M+M and RIP @ Maili
 M+M
 RIPster
 Benny @ Makaha
 Is this guy clueless?  Or just didn't care? He's lucky Benny wasn't on the prowl ...
 Benny looking innocent

2 comments:

Val said...

Aloha,
Since the "NO Landing" sign doesn't seem to get the point across maybe it should read:
Stand Right Here, Smile, GREAT your picture has just been taken! You will now be fined, arrested, and/or jailed once you return to Oahu. By the way you can pick up your "mug shot" from the man wearing the floppy hat sitting on shore for a nomimal fee to support the ENDANGERED Hawaiian Monk Seal(s) that YOU just disturbed. Oh, and have a great day!
Geesh, people are stupid!!

Just an idea :P

val :)

Barbara said...

That is a perfect statement Val. I vote for dat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!