Thursday, August 18, 2011

8-18-11 More iMaps from Dr. Charles

Aloha All... Here are more of these great maps! (from what I understand someone special made a special request to see more detailed information).... and of course Dr. Charles came through. Thank you!  


1. Is a close up of T21M's haulout locations on the beach along south shore.
 2. Is a close up of his haulout locations near Kaena Pt.
 3. Is R018's complete track. He is a mover.
 4. Is RO18's track from July 6-Aug 6. His tag is not transmitting anymore, but it lasted a looong time.

Cheers,  Charles

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Holy Crap Doc!!! Look at those maps!!! Look at all the spots T21M goes...he likes deeper waters, Ewa end to Airport and Sand Island areas and Kaena Pt.
And R018...dam!!! He loves Kauai, Oahu, mostly, but vists every where else, except...Maui and Big Island. I wish that tranmitter would tell the times R018 is hauling up too. I dont know why we dont find him as much, last sighting being at Maili Pt. Wow, this is amazing!!! So appreciate your study!!! I want more!!!! Thanks Doc!!! I am putting these maps in my JOURNAL baby!!!!!!!!! Facinating!!!!

Donna said...

Barb...
I think if it were up to you, you would fit every seal up so you could keep track... certainly would make it easy to find them.... LOL
thank you dr. charles