Tuesday, August 9, 2011

8-9-11 DB Dailies

To my complete and utter surprise, I found Irma (R010) waiting for me at Sandy Beach at 0623. She hadn't been seen in a few days, and I wanted ,with all my little, bald heart, to believe that she had gone off to her secret spot to pup. Nope...Wrong....Again ! There she was in all her chunky glory. She departed with the rising tide at 0907. I managed to follow her to Irma's , where she looked at haul out spots but then continued on to AD's . I lost her after AD's, at 1110. but my guess was that she was headed west. Wrong.....again....again. I got a call from Dera at 1151 advising Sandy Beach lifeguards had reported a newly hauled out animal. When I arrived at 1200 there was Irma, at the morning's location. I cordoned her off and she has remained the rest of the day. I picked up the rope at 1945. Irma remains. IRMA - you're going to give us all heart-attacks... Here's the deal big momma, get yourself over to rabbit island and relax and pop out that pup already. 


On my first Rabbit Island look at 0722. I found Duke (RA12) up in the Morning Glory behind Seal Rock Inlet, and Buster (RV08) on the water front rocks just left of Seal Rock Inlet. When I got back to Makai Pier at 1118 they were still there, and I found that Kolohe (RW22) was now at the far left end of the beach, and Nani was 60 ft left of 1BS. All would remain at those locations the rest of the day.

Dera called at 0750 with the report of an animal at Diamond Head. The caller described Rocky (RH58) to a tee. Dera called again at 0832 to advise that Rocky had been run off by a free roaming dog. Rachel would call at 1313 to advise that Rocky was back . Welcome home Dera....

Team Billand called at 0756 to advise that Max (R5EW) was a Nimitz Cove. At 1146 the Billands called from the Reef Runway to advise that T21M was visiting Kekoa. The security guard, Eileen also advised that Ewa Girl had been there all day yesterday.

At 1313 the Billands reported Ewa Girl (RS00) at Kalaeloa Campgrounds. She departed at 1805.
BIG MOMMA 
 Irma @ sandy's 
 Oy Irma pahleeeze stay off the crowded beaches
 Buster and Duke
 Kolohe
  Max @ Nimitz
 Max 5EX
 Ewa Girl @ Kalaeloa Campgrounds

No comments: