Wednesday, September 23, 2020

09/23/2020 (part 2) Wednesday Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Yesterday in the early morning I came up on 3 overnighted seals at our doorstep RE74 Benny R330 Squinty and RG40 Holokai (molt 40%).

Benny is green as a Kermit and ripe to start his molt. Unfortunately, when Squinty woke up he galumphed 100 meters towards Benny . They had some words and Benny rolled himself down to the water and left. I didn't see him again.
Holokai was on his side and barely moved all day.
We made it to the point and were skunked.
At sunset Squinty and Holokai were still there

This morning I was down there early again. Found 2 overnighted boys R330 Squinty and RG40 Holokai molt 50%
Squinty is moody and ruffled up. Holokai is lethargic, his molt is at 50% . One good dive and it will all come off.
I had a long conference meeting and made it out to the point in the early afternoon

Found RW02 PVKauai @ Hidden Beach - he NO longer has the Damashi hook on the side of is muzzle. He had left when I went by on my way out.
I found RE74 Benny well blended in Ka'ena's Pool and further down RL74 Kami on some reefs.
On my way back on this side I did a last check at BB Tables RL98 Lina was hauled out sleeping peacefully.

More tomorrow - be safe 🌺😷

No comments: