Tuesday, November 8, 2016

In Additon: 11/8/2016 Lesley finds 6 seals - Thank you Lesley

Did a solo 12 miles hike today from Mokuleia to Yokohama and back.
First seals were RN58 “Luana” and a molting RK36 “Kauai Kolohe” at Hidden Beach
Next RO40 “Ka’ena” and a U/U that entered the water too fast before I could ID it – on Back Beach KPt.
I went on to the Waianae side and found little RH48 “Lei Ola” near the 30 mnts mark
On my way, back visitors told me that the Punahou students had arrived at the point and that there was a little seal on the Main Beach. So I stopped by to say hello do some outreach and ID
 little RH32 “Ka’ale”
Hiking back I met RN58 “Luana” and RK37 “Kauai Kolohe” near each other on the beach being washed big bigger sets.

That should answer the question “what do seals do on big swell days” they stay put, go for high grounds or just go in for a swim
Ka'ale RH32
 RH48 Lei Ola
 RK36 Kauai Kolohe
RN58 Luana and Rk36 
 Luana
 RO40 Ka'ena
 U/U

No comments: