Friday, September 28, 2012

9-27-2012 DB's Dailies


Irma was high on the beach at Irma's when I pulled in at 0545. She would depart at 0910. Lately her plan has been to do a 2 hr swim before hauling out again. Where, has been the big question mark. I began the Irma Quest anew at 1100, running back and forth from Sandy Beach, thru Irma's and AD's and to Makapuu. Just as though I had a clue what I was doing, I pulled up the the roadside overview above Makapuu Beach just in time to see Irma 10 ft off shore of the far right end. She hauled out right in front of some poor German tourist who was just minding his own business. I went down and cordoned her off, and she has remained the rest of the day. I picked up the rope at dark. Irma remains.
At 0650 I found Kolohe (RW22) an Duke (RA12) to the left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. Duke would later relocate to the left end rock flats where he remained the rest of the day.

On my next check at 0942 I found that Aukai (RL12) had joined the cast, hauling out to the Waimanalo end of Left Point Beach. On my 1224 recheck I found her hauling out to 20 ft right of 1BS.

At 1035 Zeeny reported Busterr (RV08) did a quicky check of Lanai Lookout, and once again finding no Kaiwi, continued on.

Diga sent video and shots from yesterday's R5AY&P stint. (see below)

At 0714 Team Billand reported T21M at Nanakai Beach, Maili.
They also reported a call about an animal at White Plains. At 0814 they confirmed M&M (R020).
At 0814 the Billands got a call about an animal at Paradise Cove. Other volunteers where going to handle the call, but the Billands had to make the Pohaku (RO28) ID at 1146.

Lesley is back, and called to report a happy and health R5AY & Pup at Turtle Bay today.


 Irma all shiny and new 
 love these shots... seal in the fore ground... island in the background
 Thank you Diga....mom and pup from wednesday
 The kid sure knows how to make some noise
 Nice shot of two seals swimming... momma and kid
 Buster at Lanai Lookout... looking out.

Video courtesy of Diane... 

No comments: