Sunday, September 23, 2012

9-23-12 DB's Dailies: Aukai,Duke&Kolohe@RI, Irma @IR & SB, M&M@WP, Kermit@KR, RI42&R912@Mokuleia, Right Spot&R5AY&Pup@TB, Kekoa


At 0530 I roped off Irma (R010) at Irma's. She would remain there until departing of her own volition at 1250. Once again she has remained at a spot for 4 days, and then goes out for lunch. Just as though I had the vaguest clue what I was doing, I happened to be handing a card to beach goers at "Alice's" , Sandy Beach,at 1423, and asking them to call if a seal arrives. The lady said "there she is" just as I was handing her the card. I cordoned Irma off, finishing just in the nick of time as 2 double decker tour buses descend on Irma and I. The adventure continues.

At 0543 posse member Kimo called to advise that an adult male animal was just hauling out to Alice's. It was dark ,and the animal turned and departed at 0557 so no ID was possible, but my dollar would be on Buster, since Kermit was accounted for as you will see.

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0656 I found what would prove to be Kolohe, 40 ft left of 1BS. It would be afternoon before I finally got the ID, since the bulk of the day was rain and crappy visibility.

At 1035 I found Duke (RA12) back at the vegetation line behind Seal Rock Inlet. He would relocate to Left Middle Cliff at 1110.

On a pan at 1038 I found Aukai(RL12) snuggling up to a driftwood tree to the right of Seal Rock Inlet. She would remain there the rest of the day.

Team Billand reported a molting M&M (R020) ,once again fronting #1708, at White Plains.

To my surprise they called at 0829 with the report of Kermit (R012) investigating the beach to the west of Nimitz Jetty. He would haul out to the sandy area at Kermit's Reef at 0844. Just yesterday he was out here with Irma and I.

Zeeny checked in from the Mokuleia site with the report of RL42 to the west of the site, and R912 well down the beach toward Camp Erdman.

Dana called at 1208 to advise that Tony was with R5AY&Pup at Turtle Bay, and Right Spot (R016) further down the beach, toward the hotel.

Dera called at 1337 to advise that Reef Runway posse member, Eileen, had reported a 65% molted Kekoa (RK72). The molt call is suspect since it can't be confirmed with photos.

 Irma going to pieces... sometimes I wonder what it would be like to go and just peel away some of the loose skin... then again, I imagine Irma wouldn't like that too much.
 She's on her own... Kermit left and ends up on the other side of the island 
 Little or porky pup.... the skin is changing.... these pictures the skin looks like leather
 my mouth is bigger than yours... no its not... yes it is


RL42 tucked away looks like a rock to me 
 Playing with sticks... love when they do this
 What a cutey!

No comments: