Monday, September 3, 2012

9-2-2012 (LATE) DB;s Dailies


On my 3rd check of Irma's I found Irma (R010) just hauling out at 0708. I got her cordoned off, and she was still there on my 1320 check, but gone on my 1408 check. Some adoring fan had left a note in the sand, and its wonderful that somebody knows her, and cares, but having the note, 15 ft inside the cordon was disconcerting.
 
At 0856 I found what would prove to be Kolohe (RW22), Duke (RA12), and Aukai (RL12) on the water front rocks, 70 ft right of 3BS on RI. The boyz snoozed all day, while Aukai did a foraging session fronting that location, but hauled out again to rejoin the guys. There was never any observed interaction.
 
At 1337 I found Buster (RV08) on the rock flats at the lava tube, just east of the Lanai Lookout parking lot.
 
Team Billand had a routine Billand day with animals evvvvvvvverywhere, and lots of action. At 0619 they reported Pohaku (RO28) at Nanakai Beach. She would later relocate to Guard Rails Beach,Maili.
 
At 0848 they found Kermit (R012) just hauling out to #1705 , Nimitz Cottages.
 
At 0936 they reported the Benny (RE74) hauling out to join Kermit at the 1705 location. As is ALWAYS the case, where Benny goeth Chaos follows, and today provided all the proof you need of that fact. I lost  track of the number of Billand calls I got today, but all involved battles between the two boyz and locations ranged from Nimitz Cottages to Wind Sock to White Plains and back again. It's all a blur and I'm sure the Billands will totally agree.  When I first met Benny a million years ago, I called him Benny because of his brand new "Mercedes Benz" plush silver grey coat. Everyday since then I've wished that I'd named him Chaos !! The boy is definitely one of  a kind. Chaos doesn't follow Benny... He IS Chaos !
 
Ocean Safety (Lifeguards) reported an animal at Makaha at 0935. They Billands would confirm the animal as T21M.  This provides yet another tidbit of knowledge of what these critters can do. T21M waq reported at Camp Erdman, Mokuleia , yestereday, and was run off at mid morning. Today he shows up at Makaha...Amazing !!!
 
Posse member Terri visited the Mokuleia weaner and R5AY&Pup yesterday, and sent a coupla' shot for the Yesterday's News department.
 
At 1546 Dera called with a report from Eileen at the Reef Runway reporting two U/U there, both with new coat. No further info (Rocky ????..... Ewa Girl ????
 IRMA
 Love note to Irma
 Chubbette Weaner
 Pup and 5AY pup
 Meanwhile Kermit back on Oahu having a restful nap
 When he suddenly becomes alert to something???
 OH no it's big bad Benny
And the fun begins!!!!
 Now either these boys really hate one another, or they like two old macho chums that only know how to show each other they care by fighting
 Either way never a dull moment when these two are around
  Venna Fred April and John
 RO28
Benny boy
 Kermit finally getting some rest
 T21M
 I'll never get use to seeing tire tracks so close to these guys.

No comments: