Saturday, September 1, 2012

8-31-2012 DB's Dailies:


At 0625 I found Irma (R010), at Irma's. I got her cordoned off, and she has remained the rest of the day. I picked up the rope at 1930. Irma remains.

At 0943, I found Aukai (RL12), Duke (RA12) and Kolohe (RW22), all together, out on the water front rocks, 80 ft right of 3BS on Rabbit Island. Aukai was mostly in a tide pool, and the boyz took turns joining her. On my 1430 recheck, all 3 were snoozin' together on the beach.

Dera called at 0659 with the report of Rocky (RH58) at the Hale Koa Beach, near the Hilton pier. Hopefully, I've gotten everybody who participated. Karen Rohter, Marlene, Steffen & Todd are the names that I know, and special kudos are called for with Alice Schubert, who joined the crew last year with Kaiwi, and is here on a short term release from her exile to Florida. She is soooo dedicated that she even brought her volunteer shirt with her, just in case. Rocky was certainly the "just in case". Thanks to all who endured the tons of good people, and the troublesome derelict that required to cop calls. Dana called to advise that Rocky departed at 1520 !!! Thank You Rocky !!
Team Billand called at 0712 to report Kermit (R012) fronting #1706, White Plains.

At 0911 Dana called to advise that R912 returned this morning to the Mokuleia pup site. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. Dera called in the afternoon that R912 had left the pup again at 1330 this afternoon (D#38). I've seen weaning Moms come back the next day, but I have not seen one come back twice. Tomorrow ??? Thank you Wayne & Hannah for the observation.

At 0943 Team Billand reported that Pohaku (RO28) was back at Paradise Cove. They called again to advise that she departed at 1550.

In the "Yesterday's News " department Zeeny had been there when R912 departed the first time, and sent photos leading up to the moment (1308) of her departure. As previously stated she was back again this morning , and departed again at 1330.

Kathy Segum made the Turtle Bay trek today, as did Ken Tingman. Both sent photos. Ken's belly shot is the best I've seen so far. I'll let all of you decide what ya' think.

 Irma @ irmas 
 

 Kermit @ white plains with some adoring fans
 Kermit sleep walking
 Great job!
 Even better

 Pohaku agrees

1 comment:

barbara said...

Thanks to Linda Stenton, Sue and Sam for taking care of Miss Pohaku yesterday. We got to take care of Kermit at Plains and do other beaches. You are so appreciated.

And it was cool to meet the Japanese Interperter whom we asked to make a sign in Japanese for us. Moriko..you da best to help us out. We had been trying to communicate with the visitors and were having a hard time. Your sign helped us out a lot. All folks were respectful, we had no problems.

In the past, I contacted a few friends on my cell, asked them to talk to the visitors in Japanese, and that worked too, but I was using MY MINUTES. So MORIKO, you done good and we appreciate you, PLENTY.

I am grateful Miss Pohaku moved over to Paradise Cove!! Thanks again to all who helped...TEAM WORK...WORKS ,I always say.