Thursday, September 6, 2012

9-5-2012 DB's Dailies


The first order of business was to check Sandy Beach, for Benny. Happily, he was gone. I picked up the stuff and continued the adventure.

At 0609 I found Duke (RA12) and Kolohe (RW22) waiting for me at Rabbit Island.

On my 1145 check I found Aukai (RL12) in the vegetation line, right of Seal Rock Inlet. She would move down and out of my line of sight at 1212. At 1307 check from the Makapuu Overview confirmed that she was there, but invisible from the pier angle.
I spent a good chunk of the day on the Benny and Irma Quests. I got one brief look at an animal at Spitting Cave, but was unable to get an ID. My guess, by size, color ,and lack of tags said Benny but ??????

At 1410 Dera called with the report of an animal newly hauled out to Makapuu Beach. When I arrived at 1422 I found Irma (R010). I cordoned her off, and she has remained the rest of the day.
Team Billand called at 0609 to advise that Clay Gates had called with the report of T21M at Iroquois Point.

At 1015 the Billands reported that the had spoken with Eileen, and that she had reported Ewa Girl (RS00) at the Reef Runway.

Tracy checked in at 1058 to advise that the Mokuleia weaner had just been tagged. She is now RL42/43. Now at least we can call her something.

At 1142 Team Billand reported a call about a newly arrived 2nd animal at Iroquois Point. Vera would confirm the Rocky (RH58) ID at 1208.

At 1422 Dera called to advise that a probable Right Spot had been seen in the same location as the last 7 days, Kahuku side of Kahuku Point. Photos are coming.

Team Billand found Kermit (R012) at Maili Point at 1436.

Niice shot of Rocky's white flipper tip.

No comments: