Sunday, September 2, 2012

9-1-2012 DB's Dailies


At 0605 I found Irma (R010) waiting for me right where I'd left her last night. I redid the cordon and continued the adventure. When I got back to Irma's at 0859 she was gone. I picked up the stuff and the Irma Quest began anew.

At 0655 I found Kolohe (RW22) at the vegetation line, 50 ft right of 3BS on Rabbit Island. When I got back to Makai Pier at 0935 I found that he had been joined by Aukai (RL12) and Duke (RA12) on the water front rocks , 30 ft right of 3BS. On my 1700 recheck all were still there.

At 0843 I found Kaiwi (RK96) snoozin' at Lanai Lookout. Gayle and later Zeeny would keep track of her. Surprisingly there was minimal interaction with people, but there was some.

At 1028 Dera called with the report of an animal in the tide pools at Makapuu. To me that said, Kaupo Beach Park, and sure enough that is where I found Irma (R010) out on the off shore rocks, and mostly in the water. I spoke with the campers and hopefully, got thru to them to just leave her alone, and put out a couple of signs on the beach. Camper posse members said she left, early afternoon with the rising tide. I did not see her again today.

At 1048 Dera called with a report of an animal on the rock flats, just east of Lanai Lookout. It would take about 2 hours but I finally found Buster (RV08) just left of the lava tube just east of LL. He was invisible from any view point, other than going thru the lava tube, and onto the flats. This is essentially were I found him day before yesterday, but closer to the cliff, and therefore more invisible.

At 0700 Team Billand reported Pohaku (RO28) at Paradise Cove.

At 0735 and shortly thereafter first Dana and then Dera reported what would prove to be Rocky (RH58) at the Hilton Hawaii Village. The names I know of associated with today's adventure are Colleen, Alice, Steffen, Missy & Todd. If I've missed any of the good souls who sacrificed their bodies I apologize. Yesterday's beach dweller derelict who occasioned two cop calls yesterday, was once again there today. After the usual, drunk, stoned, insane, or all of the above ,behavior, the cops were called again and he was arrest by HPD and taken away. I'm told that DOCARE, and NOAA OLE became involved, and that the guy was released after every kinda' fed, and state charges were levied against him. That is wonderful but the key word in all of that is "released" . I wanna' believe, I reeeeealy do wanna' believe that there is something called justice or karma or whatever in the world... but I DON'T. He will no doubt be back again tomorrow ?????????????

Missus Whisperer did the Ka'ena Point trek again today, but along the way pulled a shift at the Mokuleia pup site (the weaner was still there).

While Marilyn was there I got a call from Dera advising of an animal at Camp Erdman. Marilyn responded and confirmed the T21M ID. Posse member Terri called at 1230 to advise that he had been run off by kid.

When Marilyn finally made it to the end of the world she found Noa (R6FI) and Kerby (RW08) together, and the Unknown animal from her last visit, at a separate location. We have now confirmed that its an Unknown Male, and the forehead natural bleach, and dorsal partial CC scars confirm that it was the same animal seen on the last KP trek. I just can't say that it's anybody I know. Tracy's brain is required once again, but we may well have a new guy here ?????

Team Billand reported Kermit (R012) fronting @1705, at Nimitz Cottages at 0826.

At 1124 they reported RIP (RR70) and M&M (R020) together at Campbell Industrial Park.

The Billands called at 2000, just leaving the beach. Check da' blog in the morning for the day in the Billand's World.














No comments: