Tuesday, September 25, 2012

9-25-2012 DB's Dailies: Aukai,Nani&Kolohe@RI, Irma@IR, Buster@SB,Kaiwi@LL, M&M@WP, RL42&R912@Mokuleia, Ka'ena@KP, R5AY&Pup@TB, UU@Waianae


At 0608 I found an SUV parked , mid beach at Irma's, and just on the other side I could see Irma's belly. When I knocked on the vehicle's window, the young guy who is a "car dweller" regular answered the knock and said that he had parked so as to keep Irma from being run over during the night. He was very sincere and I had no trouble believing him. He moved his vehicle, and I cordoned her off. She has remained all day. Her D#6 molt is 99%. She had only a "Ninja Turtles" mask on a couple of little flecks on the shoulder and neck area. Teri checked in at 1814 to advise that Irma had departed.

At 0710 I found Kolohe (RW22), 40 ft left of IBS on Rabbit Island. He would later move down, and remained all day.

At 0749 Gayle reported Kaiwi (RK96) at Lanai Lookout. June would report her departure at 1032.

At 0834 I found Buster (RV08) newly hauled out to the east end of Sandy Beach. I thought he would depart immediately, without Irma there as motivation, but he has remained all day. Though Teri, Gayle and June were there at one time or another I want to give giant Kudos to Alice for her day spent with Buster. She came here on vacation from some place call Florida, bringing her Volunteer shirt with her. She spent more time on volunteer duty in Waikiki or Sandy Beach, than having a vacation. Her last official act before leaving tomorrow, and returning to some place called Florida, was to deal with 2 double decker JalPak , and 1 Roberts tour buses full of tourist, alllllll arriving at the same time, at Buster's location. I know what that avalanche of humanity looks like, descending on you looks like, and from the bottom of my little, bald heart I want to confirm that Alice is worth many times her weight in Manapua !!! Buster would depart at 1715. 

I second DB's confirmation... There will only be one Alice and Glenn. After all who gets a section of beach named after her.  I want to thank Alice for all her love and passion she has for the monk seals, and how much she cares about the people who look after the seals.

At 1203 I found Nani (RK60) just hauling out to the right side of Seal Rock Inlet on Rabbit Island. She would remain the rest of the day.

On a pan at 1221 I found Aukai (RL12) newly arrived to the Waimanalo end of the beach on RI.
Team Billand called at 0506 with the report of M&M (R020) once again molting away, fronting #1708 , White Plains. She would depart at 1035.

Tracy called at 0918 to report RL42 at the Mokuleia site, with R912 further down the beach toward Camp Erdman. Tracy also did the Ka'ena Point trek, and found Ka'ena (RO40) at the end of the world.
Team Billand checked in at 1150 with a report of somebody at Iroquois Point. At 1213 they confirmed the T21M ID.

Dana called at 1218 with a report of an animal at the Surfside Condo in Waianae. Volunteers responded by found no critter despite lots of looking.


 haaaa DB is right... its Ninja Irma 
 Buster V08
 official word Buster is hookless
 hip hip hooray for Alice.....  my kind of vacation Alice, you will be missed until your next visit.
 Kaiwi at Lanai Lookout
 going in for a swim
 how cute is this tucked in a little nook
 T21 @ Iroquois
 MM at white plains before she departed

1 comment:

Alice said...

Thank you soooooo much for the kind words. I had so much fun on the beach with the seals and getting to catch up with my monk seal friends. What a special group of people you all are! Mahalo for teaching me so much and including me in your world. Who knew when I met D.B. and Irma on "Alice's " 7 years ago that my I would be stepping into a new and exciting world! Hopefully Glenn and I will see you all soon but until then ALOHA!
ALICE