Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9-11-2012 DB's Dailies:

I drug myself down to Irma's at 0543, not knowing what kind of chaos I might find, what with the boyz known to be in Irma's life. When I arrived I found Irma(R010) snoozin' on the beach, and Kermit (R012) in the shallows, appealing to Irma to join him. He made a few moves to deeper water, but remained until 0628 when he finally, swam out and to the east. Irma would remain until 1042 when Zeeny reported her departure , of her own volition.  I thought that after 2 1/2 days on the beach, that she would be ready to pig out, but Nope !  At 1148 posse member Robert called to report an animal just hauling out to Crappy Cove, Sandy Beach. When I arrived at  1204 I found Irma(R010). I cordoned her off, and she has remained the rest of the day. Posse members Kimo an Zeeny have been checking on her. I called it a day at 1930. Irma remains. 
 
At 0707 I found Kolohe (RW22) to the right side of Seal Rock Inlet on Rabbit Island. His D#4 molt is 15%. He would remain the rest of the day.
  
At 0724 I found Duke (RA12), 80 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet, out on the water front rocks . He would move up with the rising tide, but remained all day.
 
On an 1148 check from the Makapuu Overview I found that Aukai (RL12) had joined Kolohe, to the right of Seal Rock Inlet.
 
At 1011 Hanauma Bay posse member Martha, called to advise that HB security had reported an animal at Toilet Bowl, When I arrived I found Kaiwi (RK96) snoozin' on the west side flats of TBL.
 
Gayle called at 1016 with the first of 3 separate reports of Buster (RV08) doing 1 minute checks and rechecks of Kaiwi's hangout at Lanai Lookout. His stays were all 1 minute or less.
 
Dera had called at 0630 to advise of an animal in Waikiki , in the Queen's Beach area. Since I was up to my eyeballs in seals at that moment, I begged off, but at 0853 Dana called to advise that Colleen had confirmed the animal  as Rocky (RH58), near the "Sunset on the Beach " screen at Queens. Mercifully, Colleen reported Rocky's departure at 0853. Thank you Colleen...........and Rocky !
 
A 1435 call from posse member Alice brought news that she & hubby Gleen, had  an active shift on R5AY & Pup duty. They had apparently did an extensive swim, encountering strong currents, but ultimately returned to the newly extended zone that Diga had established yesterday.
 
Alice also reported that Right Spot was still happily rotting (molting) on the Kahuku side of Kahuku Point.
 
Posse member Vera Cober was on Mokuleia ,on RL42 duty today, and provided her usual excellent shots of the weaner's day. 

No mention of Team Billand, must mean they had a zero seal day.


Irma
Buster Buddy
Kaiwi snoozing... funny how her sat tag getting all green
R5AY and pup
Feed me Mom
Much better
Duke
Kolohe
Aukai and Kolohe
Weaner RL42 on the move

No comments: