Saturday, September 22, 2012

9-21-2012 DB's Dailies: Aukai,Duke,Kolohe, Kermit&U/M@RI, Irma&Kermit@IR, Kermit@SB, M&M@WP, T21M@IRQ, 2U/U@Sunset Beach, RL42&U/U@ Mokuleia site


At 0600 I found Irma (R010) at Irma's. I redid the rope, and continued on.

At 0622 I found Kermit (R012) at the east end of Sandy Beach, where all the action had been of late. I cordoned him off, but he departed at 0643.

At 0709 I found Duke (RA12) at Right Middle Cliff, on Rabbit Island. He would later relocate to Seal Rock Inlet.
At 0718 I became aware of Kolohe (RW22) at Seal Rock Inlet.

Gayle would check in at 0812 to report Kaiwi (RK96) at Spitting Cave, however she only did one up, and was not seen the rest of the day.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0954 I found an U/M with 2 red tags, to the left of Seal Rock Inlet. Despite a day of trying to ID this animal it was to no avail. I think that it was Mojo (RI17) but I can't state that as fact. I beleive I saw his signature left side head, natural bleach, but I'd like a better look. He would remain all afternoon.

At 1131 Kermit (R012) hauled out to the right end of the beach on RI. He would interact with Kolohe, Aukai and the U/M. He departed at 1154.

At 1138 I found Aukai (RL12) just hauling out to the right side of Seal Rock Inlet. She spent the day mostly hidden behind the water front rocks.

Teri would call at 1706 to report another animal with Irma at Irma's. When I got there I found good ol' Kermit lying there with Irma. All is well with the world.

Team Billand checked in at 0712 to report M&M (R020) fronting #1708 , White Plains.

At 1445 the Billands found Rocky (RH58) at 186B, Ewa Beach. A constantly barking dog, caused her to depart. I took the liberty to cover this dude up... geesh!

Vera Cober called at 0822 to report T21M at Iroquois Point. She would also report his departure at 1142.
Dana called with the report of 2 animals at Sunset Beach. They were gone when the volunteer arrived, although a lifeguard is said to have taken photos, and reported a transmitter on one of them . Dana forwarded the photo but I am unable to open it. Hopefully, Donna will be able to and I can try to ID the animal in the morning.

Dera called at 1629 to advise that volunteer Lisa White had reported RL42 and an U/U at the Mokuleia site. Awaiting photos. 
 
T21M @ Iroquois 
 Kermit visits Sandy's in the early morning
 Irma is at Irmas... and oh honey you are not looking so purdy.... but we all know just a matter of days you will be sporting a gorgeous new coat
 Yes Irma let the water wash off that old skin
 a little sand to exfoliate your old skin
 And by late day Kermit finds Irma at Irmas.. and he doesn't care what his one and only looks like.... he stays close to her while she gets needed rest during her molt
 Cutie Pie M&M at white plains
 M&M ... you are a cutie... but sorry sweetie pie, Kermit is with his Irma
 awww don't be sad... you'll find a good seal man like Kermit
 Thats' right girlfriend.... plenty of ... hmmm maybe not.
 Bathing beauty Rocky @ Ewa Beach ( she's the Rosalind Russell of seals)
 Disclaimer: this photo has been altered to prevent this blog from becoming x rated... the original photo follows... consider this your warning.... now, focusing on this mutt's face... I love his expression " what the hell kind of dog is that?"
 You have been warned.... 

5 comments:

Vera said...

Donna, your sense of humor is priceless - thanks for the great morning entertainment! Vera

Vera said...

Donna, your sense of humor is priceless - thanks for the great morning entertainment! Vera

Vera said...

Donna, your sense of humor is priceless - thanks for the great morning entertainment! Vera

Vera said...

Donna, your sense of humor is priceless - thanks for the great morning entertainment! Vera

Vera said...

DB must not be the only one with comment problems - so I left mine four times in row just to make sure it goes through...just kidding, I have no idea why it's in there multiple times - sorry! Vera