Tuesday, September 18, 2012

9-18-2012 DB's Dailies


At 0530 I found that Irma (R010) and Benny (RE74) had overnighted at Sandy Beach. I adjusted the cordon, and the elves and I did lots of talking with tons of passersby through the day. I was at Sandy Beach basically all day, except for a 1 hr break at 1400. When I got back at 1500, and beachgoer told me that "N21" (Buster) had come and that he and Benny had words, ending in Buster taking off. So the elves and I missed R#1. No biggy because at we were there from R#2 & 3. At 1528 Buster (RV08) hauled out down the beach from Irma & Benny but made is way there. During that movement I noted that Buster had a hook, and trailing fishing line coming from the flipper pit of his right fore flipper. He and Benny had it out again, and once again Buster was driven off. He relocated to Crappy Cove where I found him and put up a cordon. Dera came to assess the hook, but alas, Buster left just after she arrived. He headed back toward Sandy Beach. At 1725 R#3 began, and once again Buster was bested by the Benny. He made no more appearances after that. Something tells me there will be more to this drama. Stay tuned tomorrow kids. Thank you Glenn for the video !! see next post

At 0726 I found Aukai (RL12) at Rocky Right Beach, on Rabbit Island. She was only visible from the Makapuu Overview.

At 0727 I found Kolohe (RW22), 40 ft left of 1BS, on RI.

At 0955 I found Duke (RA12) in Seal Rock Inlet on RI. All would remain all day.

Teri called at 0808 from one of the road side pull offs near Lanai Lookout to report Buster (RV08) cruizin' the coastline.

Team Billand called at 0729 with the report of M&M (R020), on D#5 of her stay fronting #1944, White Plains.

Dana called at 0934 to advise that RL42 had been seen in the zone at Mokuleia , and that R(12) was down the beach a bit once again .

Team Billand called at 1141 with the report of Pohaku (RO28) and Kermit (R012) together at Maili Point.

Mimi sent a disquieting shot of R018 on Kauai with a nasty looking Cookie Cutter wound on his face. The ol' dude has handled alot of crap in his life. I figure he can handle this too.

Clay Gates found Rocky (RH58) at Iroquois Point, late in the day.

Diane "Diga" Gabriel spent a day with R5AY & Pup at Turtle Bay, and send great shots.

 Buster and Irma @ Sandy Beach
  Rocky @ Iroquoi
 R018 cookie cutter shark bite.... currently on Kauai, but frequents Oahu. If seen please contact the NOAA hotline immediately. poor dude.
 P03 and R5AY Turtle Bay
 I found something
 Anyone want to play some stickball?
 shake and bake.... and i helped
 

No comments: