Monday, August 6, 2012

8-5-2012 DB's Dailies


At 0658 I found Sadie (RB12) tucked into the base of the cliff, right of 2BS. This was her first trip home since 7-8-12. She was still there when I departed Makai Pier at 0935, but was gone when I got back at 1055.

Kimo and Marilyn found Kaiwi (RK96) at Spitting Cave, at 0756. She was apparently in travel mode, disappearing around the point, headed east at 0814.

Gayle called at 0955 to report Kaiwi (RK96) at Lanai Lookout.

Teri called at 1100 to report that she had been with Buster (RV08) at Spitting Cave, but that he had disappeared 40 minutes earlier. Gayle checked Kokee, and I did China Walls, but nobody was home. On a recheck of Spitting Cave, at 1300, I found Buster doing 7 minute dives .

At 1117 I became aware of Aukai's fat belly, lolling in a tide pool right of 3BS. She never did haul out. There was no need. She had the perfect spot. She galumphed into deeper water at 1210, and I lost her.

Team Billand called at 0604 to report Pohaku (RO28) once again at Secret Beach. Her molt continues.

Dana called at 1151 with the report of 2 seals at Diamond Head. I left a message for Rachel, who was out on the beach when I called. She returned my call at 1200 advising that she was aware of 1 seal, near the showers, but it had been run off by a guy and his pit bull. No photos, No ID.

Dana called at 1641 with the report of a red tagged animal in Hauula. Possible R5AY, but no confirmation recieved at this writing.

Team Billand is working late again tonight so stay tuned to da' blog in the morning for their day.

Welcome home Sadie.... would you please find your little cousin Nani and tell her to high tail her little butt home too!
 Kaiwi @ Lanai Look Out 

No comments: