Sunday, August 5, 2012

8-4-2012 DB's Dailies:


I was up and on the computer at 0400 as per usual, and saw Dana's email about an animal hauling out the lifeguard stand 2E, in Waikiki, at 0230. When I arrived at 0530 I found Rocky (RH58) snoozin' on the beach, fronting the 2E lifeguard tower, with a great HPD SPZ. I redid the cordon and was thankfully relieved by the, always reliable Karen Turner Rohter.   Karen called at 0815 to advise that Rocky had mercifully departed.

At 0756 I found Buster (RV08) doing 7 minute dives at Spitting Cave.
While driving to Karen's house to pick up the Waikiki equipment I got a call from posse member Linda, reporting an animal at Irma's Grotto, Kokee Flats.

As I suspected, when I arrived at 0936 I found Buster (RV08) snoozin' on the rocks at Irma's Grotto, Kokee Flats, Portlock.

At 1120 I got a call from posse member Gayle, who was now at Buster's site, reporting an U/U "swimming head" off shore of Kokee. After a while she lost the animal.

I arrived at Spitting Cave, at 1200 hoping to perhaps see Gayle's U/U, and at 1201 I found a medium sized animal with 2 red tags, with no other visible markers (I only saw the left side), swimming through the SC area, headed around the point in an easterly direction. It as my only sighting of the animal. I can give you a list of who it wasn't, but I have very few clues as to who it was. My dollar is on Kolohe but ????????????

Gayle called at 1225 to advise that Buster had departed KK. At 1232 he arrived at Spitting Cave. He has remained there the rest of the day, doing 7 minute dives. Thank you Kimo, for the updates.

Owing to the oddity of the day, I didn't even get to Rabbit Island observations until 1035, and found nobody. On my 1325 recheck I found Aukai (RL12) just above the water line, 80 ft right of 3BS, on RI. She had the place all to herself today.

Missus Whisperer and friend did the Ka'ena Point trek today, and on the way up and back, also checked the R912&Pup , Mokuleia site, as well as confirming that Right Spot (R016) was still at the Camp Erdman site. At Ka'ena point they found Ka'ena (RO40).

At 0802 Team Billand reported that Pohaku (R028) was once again at Secret Beach. Her D#2 molt continues.

Vera Cober checked in at 0903 with the report of an animal at Iroquois Point , later confirming the T21M (R7GY) ID.


Rocky rockstar spend night at Waikiki
 Buster Boy at Kokee Flats 
 
 Little Aukai has Rabbit Island to herself
 When I grow up I want to be just like Mom 
 R912 and Pup cuddle up
 Photos from yesterday.... they were just as cute then as they are now
 Right Spot @ Camp Erdman
Also it was confirmed Right Spot is not pregnant. 
 RO40 Ka'ena
 Ka'ena @ Ka'ena Point
 T21M @ Iroquois Point

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to those who pointed out my glaring error, and to Donna for making the changes. Of Course it was Karen Rohter with me in Waikiki. Sorry Karen, I knew that, but my fingers didn't get the message. DB