Thursday, August 2, 2012

8-1-2012 DB's Dailies:


On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0626 I found Aukai foraging in the tide pools at Seal Rock Inlet. When I got back to Makai Pier at 0957 she had moved to tide pools, 80 ft right of 3BS. I would lose sight of her at 1124.

At 0659 I found Kaiwi (RK96) at Spitting Cave.

At 0703 Buster (RV08) would pop up to join Kaiwi, near the ladder at SC. They would play together there for several ups, and both went around the point, headed east, at 0709.
At 0858 Gayle would call to report that Kaiwi was just hauling out to Lanai Lookout.

On my 0957 look at RI, I found that Kolohe (RW22) was snoozin' on the water front rocks, 50 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet. He and Aukai were 60 ft apart. There was never any observed interaction. I would lose track of both at 1143. I relocated to the Makapuu Overview, but the heat distortion made it impossible to see anything. On my 1640 recheck of RI, I found Kolohe at the left end of the beach, and Aukai, 80 ft right of the 3BS.

Team Billand checked in at 0637 with the report of Pohaku (RO28), once again at Secret Beach, KoOlina.

Vera Cober called at 1229 to report T21M, once again at Iroquois Point.

Team Billand called at 1715 to advise that Rocky (RH58) had hauled out near 186A in Ewa Beach.

Check da' blog in the morning for the Billand's day.

Buster & Kaiwi 
 
 Kaiwi hauling out at Lanai Lookout
 She still has her tag on.... wonder if she still sending signals
 
  T21 @ Iroquois Point
 Rocky @ Ewa Beach
 RO28/Pohaku @ secret beach

No comments: