Tuesday, August 21, 2012

8-20-2012 DB's Dailies: Duke&Aukai@RI, Buster@LL, Kaiwi@SC, Pohaku@Maili, RIP,M&M@WP


Nearly every day of my life I am approached by somebody as I'm working behind the scope, asking what I'm doing. More often than not my only half joking answer is "waiting for rocks to move". There could be no better example of that than today's observations of Rabbit Island. As the shots, and yellow arrows will show, that is exactly what the RI day entailed. The RI cast would prove to be Duke (RA12) at Left Middle Cliff, and Aukai (RL12) amongst the Aukai sized rocks, 80 ft left of 2BS.

At 1056 posse member Zeeny called with the report of Buster (RV08) ,in search mode ,at Lanai Lookout. She advised that he was not foraging and not interested in hauling out, but was busy lookin' for chicks. She advise that he departed in an easterly direction. I relocated to the Blowhole Lookout at 1117, and at 1143 spied an animal for just a second, in the "Bamboo Ridge" area, just west of the lookout. There wasn't enough time for an ID. I relocated to the peak where the Japanese monument is located, just above Bamboo Ridge, but alas after spending an hour there, I found nobody. I relocated to Lanai Lookout, but again, found nobody. I can't confirm Buster, but that would be my guess.

At 1326 posse member Gayle called to report Kaiwi (RK96) at Spitting Cave.

Team Billand called at 0716 with the report of Pohaku (RO28) at Nanakai Beach, Maili. This is the first day in forever that she was not at KoOlina.

At 1326 the Billands called with the report of RIP (RR70) an M&M (R020) at the east end fence line at White Plains. Barbara called at 1528 to advise that Benny (RE74) made his usual entrance to join RIP and M&M at WP. After several minutes of the usual chaos, things have settled down, and all are coexisting at WP.

Barbara called at 1528 , gasping for her next breath, to say that The Benny had just arrived at RIP and M&M's location, and is usually the case, made his entrance as only Benny can. After a few minutes of utter chaos, things calmed down and all three are still there , conexisting at WP.

That relationship was to last a very short time. Team Billand called at 1620 to advise that Benny had departed after 5 minutes or so, an moved west, hauling out to Nimitz Cove at 1620.

Dana was at the pup site today, and got some belly shots. I'm still not even close to making a bet. Whaddaya think ?

In the "Yesterday's News" department, Vet Tech posse member Renee Lee (she takes care of our cats) called with the report of an animal at Ka'ena Point. Her shots confirm that it was 2AW at KP yesterday.

 2AW @ Ka'ena Point - thank you Dr. Renee  
 R912's Pup hmmm I been referring to the pup as she... can't tell from the picture but I got a sinking feeling it's a he.  Then again I haven't been right once in 5 years :-) 
 Kaiwi at spitting cave
 Poor Buster looking for someone to hang out with
 Better luck tomorrow buddy

No comments: