Thursday, August 16, 2012

8-16-2012 DB's Dailies


At 0643 I found Ewa Girl (RS00) and Duke (RA12) together , once again, fronting 2BS, on Rabbit Island. On a pan at 0954 I noticed that Ewa Girl was no longer there. She would return to the same location at 1447. Duke remained all day.

At 0715 we found Buster (RV08) doing 9 minute dives. He was not there on my afternoon recheck.

At 0958 I found Kolohe (RW22) snoozin' in Seal Rock Inlet. He would move down and out of my line sight at 1046. Despite multiple checks from MO, I did not see Kolohe again today.

At 1107 Gayle called at 1107 with the report of Kaiwi (RK96) at Lanai Lookout.

At 1122 on a pan I found Aukai (RL12) just hauling out at 3BS on RI. She would remain the rest of the day.

Team Billand checked in at 0623 with the news that Pohaku was not at Secret Beach. I was hopeful that this would mark the beginning of Pohaku moving on, but alas , Dana called at 0848 with word that Pohaku (RO28) was back at Sec. Bch.

Team Billand found RI37 at Aki's Beach, Makaha at 1137.

Dera checked in at 1220 to advise that Right Spot (R016) had been reported at Right Spot's Spot, Turtle Bay. She advised at Diga and Karen Turner were responding.
Team Billand reported RIP (RR70) at Maili Point at 1428.

Dera called at 1600 to advise that an animal, said to possibly be Rocky (RH58), had been in Ewa Beach this morning, had departed, and was now back to Ewa Beach. That was the first I'd heard of the event. I was hopeful that Vera might have seen the animal, but alas, email from Vera said that she saw nobody on her 1330 and 1445 checks. I guess the critter will remain an U/U.


Kaiwi @ Lanai Lookout 
 She's a little greenish around the edges....
 Sweet little girl... oops she's one already not so little anymore
 Lanai Lookout Kaiwi's home
 Wow this kid is growing look how long....
 anyone want to guess on if it's a girl or boy
 There's a decent belly shot, might be too early to tell
 And here's Right Spot @ Maili Point

No comments: